1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Accepted Foodcourt's JMOD Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Foodcourt, Jun 4, 2019.

?

Am I ready to become JMOD?

1. Yes, +1

2. Unsure, +0

3. No, -1

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Foodcourt

Foodcourt CTF MOD

Ratings:
    +189
    Discord:
    Foodcourt#6408
    Foodcourt's Junior Moderator Application

What is your in-game name? - Foodcourt

Is your Minecraft account secured and migrated? - Yes, I change my password twice per year.

How old are you? - 18

What time zone are you in? - Eastern Standard Time

Are you multilingual? Can you speak multiple languages? - I can speak English fluently and have a very good understanding of the Spanish language. I am not fluent, but I am confident I am able to have a basic conversation in Spanish.

What is your experience and knowledge of Brawl? -

[​IMG]

I purchased my Minecraft account in December of 2012 and shortly after found McPvP’s website when looking for multiplayer servers to play on. I quickly fell in love with Capture the Flag on McPvP; I found myself spending my free time playing CTF, and occasionally HG and Sabotage. I was introduced to competitive CTF and the team scene and joined my first official team (Search & Destroy) within my first year of playing the game. At the time, I had no idea competitive teams existed but quickly became more dedicated to becoming a strong and competitive player. But, more importantly, I cherished the friendships I gained and the sense of unity that came with being part of a team. I joined The Flying Walruses under the leadership of Snowtucs and remained a senior member of TFW through McPvP’s transfer to Brawl. I continued to be an active member of the community and the team until its eventual disband in September of 2016. Since then, I have been a member of a more competitive CTF teams (Valory, BK, and TBF) and a mercenary for countless others. Recently, in November, I decided to co-lead a CTF team filled with both new and veteran players in order to help grow the team scene within CTF and, most importantly, have fun.

Since the merger to Brawl, I have spent some time checking out Brawl’s other game modes. Before the shut down, I occasionally played Hunger Games and participated in the HG “Winter Tournament,” which I really enjoyed. My friends and I have played War, Party, Raid, and War-Z throughout my time at Brawl. Although I spend a majority of my time on Capture the Flag, I have a basic level of understanding of all the game modes that Brawl has to offer.

What is your experience with moderating servers, if any? - A few years ago, my cousins, siblings, and I made a private server for us to play on that we called EpicCraft. There was never more than ten people online at a time, but I was able to play around with commands and get a better understanding of what being a staff member would entail.

Why do you want to become a moderator on Brawl? - I really care about CTF and Brawl as a whole, as they are two things that have been with me throughout my life and shaped who I am today.

Foremost, I want to help new players learn and adjust to the game. CTF has a very large learning curve and it can take a long time to fully grasp the details of the game. I love helping people and, as a staff member, I want to be a resource that players can come to if they have a question or just want to talk to me for any reason. I also appreciate expanding my social circle and meeting new people.

Catching and disciplining rule breakers is a major responsibility of being a staff member. I have recently learned the ins and outs of recording gameplay and have begun to submit reports on players who I suspect are using hacked clients on the server. My experience has also played a large role. Throughout my many years, I have been given the opportunity to see how staff members handle certain situations. Being able to witness their work first-hand has given me an excellent example of how staff members should conduct themselves.

In general, I just want to “do more.” I am at a point right now where my in-game activity is at an all-time high, and it is going to remain that way for the foreseeable future. I have been fortunate enough to serve as one of the leaders of Olympus, a Player Pool Match (PPM) host, a streamer, analyst, and writer for CTF Match Spotlight, and currently working on two CTF maps. I upload Brawl-related content on my YouTube channel which, although very small, may attract players towards Brawl. I am grateful to have these opportunities to influence and be a presence in the community, but I want to take the next step forward.

Have you ever used a hacked client before? - I have never used a hacked client. I take great pride in being a legitimate player.

Have you ever been punished (banned, kicked, muted, etc) legitimately on a public Minecraft server? If so, why? - My only legitimate punishment has come on Brawl. I was warned in early 2018 for hackusating another player in chat. I have been falsely autobanned three times and falsely banned once while playing on an alternate account (this was quickly resolved within two days).

What do you consider your greatest strength? - My greatest strength is my ability to listen to what others have to say. I believe there is something you can learn from every person, positive or negative. I am always open to hearing what others have to say and using their opinions and ideas to influence my own choices.

What do you consider your greatest weakness? - My lack of creativity. Throughout my life, I have struggled with things such as drawing and creative writing. This may present a challenge if I am asked to come up with new ideas for events or tweaks to classes. Currently, I prefer to give my feedback and opinions on ideas that are proposed. This is definitely something I want to improve, and becoming a moderator will help me to expand my creativity through collaborating with others in the community on new thoughts, ideas, and events. I believe that I can best serve the community by expanding on the thoughts and ideas of others to make the server a better place to play.

Which Brawl server(s) are you most active on? - Capture the Flag

How many Brawl staff applications have you made in the past? - 0

What is the date of the last application you submitted? - This is my first application.

Do you have Discord? - Yes, Foodcourt#9465.

Anything else you would like to state? - Thank you for your time and consideration. If there are any questions you would like to ask me, feel free to ask them here or message me on Discord.

2. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    You meet all the maturity and activity requirements, and it's clear you're already contributing a lot to CTF by being a PPM host, making maps, and having nearly 70 reports on the website (which is significantly more than most applicants have). You're posting plenty of helpful responses on the forums as of late, and you've recently applied to the CTF academy which shows you genuinely are trying to help new players.

A lot of the time people list perfectly good reasons for "why do you want to be staff" but it's hard to find evidence that they're already doing this. With you, this isn't the case - all the evidence is very easy to find. The only bit of criticism I'd give you is to post more ideas on the forums - you're responding to plenty of ideas, but aren't posting any of your own.

I don't see any reason to deny you. +1, best of luck.

3. Lceman502

Lceman502 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Discord:
    Lceman#7506
    Not much that I can really add to what Tom said. Being your teammate, fellow PPM host, co-leaders, and close friends I have gotten to know you pretty well. I can say that you have a genuine interest to help out newer players because that's what you did for me when I came back last summer. Easy +1 from me.

4. Kayrex

Kayrex Ex JMOD

Ratings:
    +157
    Discord:
    Kayrex#9118
    Not much to say except for what has already been said. You're a smart, mature, nice & overall very good guy and I see no reason for why you should be denied.

+1 my guy, best of luck!

5. Foodcourt

Foodcourt CTF MOD

Ratings:
    +189
    Discord:
    Foodcourt#6408
    Thank you for your feedback. I will definitely work on this.

Thank you both, I really appreciate it.

6. CoCaptainBlue

CoCaptainBlue Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87
    You are a friendly, active and very helpful person from what I've seen.

I would however have to say I feel like your forums post count is looking a little bit low. But I’m sure that’s something which can be sorted out.

Other than that, I think everything is good.

+1 form me

Best of luck!

7. Foodcourt

Foodcourt CTF MOD

Ratings:
    +189
    Discord:
    Foodcourt#6408
    Thank you Captain!