1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Denied Bath_Maintenance's Build Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by Bath_Maintenance, Nov 29, 2019.

?

Yes for Build Mod?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2019.
  1. Yes

87.5%
  2. No because...

12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Bath_Maintenance

Bath_Maintenance Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105
    Minecraft Username - Bath_Maintenance
    Timezone - Mountain

Would you consider yourself experienced with WorldEdit? Why? - yes im good with world edit in some aspects but are willing to learn how to use more commands of world edit
    Would you consider yourself experienced with VoxelSniper? Why? - unfortunately i have not heard of it :frowning:

How active would you be on Brawl's Build Team? (A couple hours per week, one hour per day, etc.) - i play alot mostly everyday, mostly on CTF but have turned to Build as I've gotten back into my skills of building again.
    Why do you want to join Brawl's Build Team? - well ive played on Brawl for so many years now (i didn't believe that i could become a build mod back then and apply) that i think that its time for me to show off my building skills and be able to let go of my creativity now instead of saying that im not as good as i really am.

What would you consider your greatest strength with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - Detaling and terraforming and making trees too.
    What would you consider your greatest weakness with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - my weakness is in houses as im not really into that category of building houses which seems boring to me but am willing to give anything a shot if it needs to happen.

List any previous experience you have with building - well I've built alot of CTF maps with one of my friends named SafeGuarded_ and have made some awesome maps together and would love to share some strengths in building things like i said in my previous answer.

Pictures:

2019-11-29_19.52.53.png 2019-11-29_19.57.31.png 2019-02-16_12.39.59.png 2019-02-16_12.40.23.png 2019-08-31_22.58.54.png

Please insert a Yes / No poll below.

More pictures will come soon when i am available to show.

2. FrostFightGirl

Ratings:
    +3
    -1 because my builds are better and I got denied.

3. Bath_Maintenance

Ratings:
    +105

weren't you trying to post a map that was not yours and say it was?

4. FrostFightGirl

Ratings:
    +3
    I am in the process of appealing this decision right now.

5. Bath_Maintenance

Ratings:
    +105

alright

6. Mnkynoodles

Mnkynoodles ur mother

Ratings:
    +38
    cringe.
    +1, i have played on most of these maps in ctf, and all of the ones pictured above are currently in rotation. I like the gameplay and you seem to be very confident on decoration. The only map i dislike currently is the first version of aquarium (currently in rotation), but i see that you have revised it and reworked it completely. The gameplay of these maps and aesthetics are extremely promising. Goodluck!

7. Reduced4Lyfe

Reduced4Lyfe Member

Ratings:
    +47
    I can see you making a bunch of ctf maps. Some of your builds look good like the ship wreck and the tanks. Only thing I recommend is making your buildings a bit more appealing, like the last pic of the white house looks kinda bland. Other than that I'd say +1, cool for you to make some more maps.

You were denied 3 times for plagiarism, so I don't think you can say that your builds are better than his. At least he made his builds.

8. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    I believe you would fit in with the Build Team. The builds in your pictures do appear nice, and you responded maturely to FrostFight.

A couple of suggestions: Familiarize yourself with VoxelSniper, it’s used for terraforming, and work on more houses/structures since you claim they are your weakest area. Let me know if you need pointers on any.

+1

9. Bath_Maintenance

Ratings:
    +105

thanks Charlie, and will do learn about voxelsniper and get better with houses!

yeah want to get better with houses building and will admit ain’t my strong suit but thanks for the feedback!

10. Fordale

Fordale Queen

Ratings:
    +80
    Discord:
    Fordale#4520
    Although I believe you have room to grow, I do not believe you are there yet. There is not a lot to base your skill off of with the pictures simply because I do not know how much of them is yours. I do know that you worked on some of those maps with other players (including myself) so I am unsure which actual parts are yours. You seem to really enjoy building CTF maps which is a great thing, however, many of the builds lack detail (and I know that CTF maps cut back on detail to better gameplay). I would love to see you reapply in the future, best of luck. :smile:

11. Bath_Maintenance

Ratings:
    +105

Understandable, thanks fordale. :smile:

12. xxMineSheepxx

xxMineSheepxx baaaahh

Ratings:
    +571
    Hi Bath,

Thank you for your application! As fordale has said, your builds are decent, but unfortunately, they are not at the build team standard yet. I know you have great potential to grow as a builder from what I can see - you are starting to incorporate depth and layers onto your builds, while having a grasp of detail. You just need more time to improve on how you integrate detail and structure into your builds. This can be done by continuing to build further (perhaps not simply CTF maps), and by looking at good minecraft or irl structures and learning from it. Don't be afraid to copy some sort of inspiration at first - this will help familiarize you with block palettes and structuring.

I really hope to see you apply again in the future! I really believe you can improve tremendously by having more practice.

Denied. Please reapply in at least one month.