1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Practice Server

Discussion in 'MC-WarZ' started by JayOG, Dec 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Squidward

Squidward BEST WARZ SMOD NO KAPPA (ง'̀-'́)ง

Ratings:
    +405
    Discord:
    Jay#3599
    Hey Zombies,​

Recently, WarZ numbers have been spiking a bit during the day and is often due to sometimes boosters, large teams, etc. When looking at tab, you're greeted with this:[​IMG]

Now counting the amount of NEWER players I got 7. Everyday hundreds of newer players log into the server and want to try and play it. They are greeted by the spawn and hopefully they read the signs. But this isn't enough, when you're greeted by signs that tell you what items are, that is still no indication to how to play the game. Now let's talk about M4Play real quick. (I'm not advertising it) But recently, a lot of people have been playing it during downtime on WarZ when one team is alive and everyone else is dead. I have always seen this server as a rival to the WarZ servers and this isn't good. You'd want the players to stay on YOUR server. If a store doesn't have something a consumer is looking for, they will directly go to another store to see if they do. This loses you customers and possible money.

How does this tie back to a practice server? Introducing a practice server with the actual WarZ gun mechanics would not just boost the current skill level of players but help newer ones learn the fighting aspect of WarZ. There is no way someone is going to stay if they keep on dying due to lack of knowledge on how to fight.

Randomly, a couple nights ago. There was a couple younger kids on the Brawl community discord just playing on their server, they did invite me but that isn't the point. I got them to play on M4 because they didn't know what WarZ was. This young lad came on and I dueled him. He didn't have the texture pack so I linked him it. His reaction, "Wow this looks so cool!" now let's get back to it, he LIKED the gamemode. This game is unique and there aren't many that would meet the gamemodes standards. A couple days later, we see the same dude online playing with his friends. Not on WarZ though, but on a practice server that is supposed to be WarZ.

The gamemode has SUCH potential to get revived but there is a problem that stops the newer players. This is just one part though. A tutorial system is also something that should defo get talked about but thats for another thread.

Now let's get to it, yes we need a practice server but what would that server contain?

My idea:

• Duels: This is definitely something that should 100% be incorporated with the addition of the practice server.
    • FFA Arena: This is an obvious one, but I also don't think it should be a part of the WarZ map. It should be something newer with a bit more terrain to make it a bit more diverse.
    • A tutorial system: Yes I said it. A tutorial system on the practice server, but this could also LINK with WarZ. I know this is a long shot but I was thinking of a way to link the two servers together. Once a newer player has passed through it, they get asked if they want to hop into WarZ or go into the practice server. Imagine how cool it would be and the impression it would leave on the player? As I said in the beginning, this is a LONG shot but this could definitely help and would be extremely cool.
    • A solo arena: Somewhere you could practice your shoots by yourself. Some people may ask themselves why? But looking at it in a broader way, currently you don't SPAM combo on WarZ. You have to time your shoots or else you get gun jammed and you're left there. That is my current problem, as I have gotten fairly decent on M4Play but all I do is spam my guns in a combo. It's nothing like WarZ, with that being said, this could definitely help out a lot of people.
    With this practice server could also come competitions, clips, etc. This is just another way to try and expand WarZ with something simplistic. There is many ideas on how the server would be structured but I listed a couple.

Now comes the question, would people actually play this? YES. I can't emphasize it enough on how much people dislike trying to practice on a server with guns that do not match the WarZ guns. If anything, they make people worse at the actual server. This has been asked for a long time but it was never really brought up to the point where people would constantly push for this. With the seasons, this can easily be an update that can be pushed out with it. I currently love WarZ and how it is, fights are everywhere and people have a lot of loot but there is always things that can get improved.

Now with this system, we can have 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 comps on the practice server without having to edit the WarZ map. There is so much good out of this that outweighs the bads to an extreme level. This is currently an open idea and feedback is greatly appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  2. lilmatsko

lilmatsko Warz Noob

Ratings:
    +119
    Really off topic, but what is that texture pack in the screenshot? I used that sky in one of my old packs but I lost it.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Hacksack

Hacksack WarZ Veteran

Ratings:
    +14
    Love this idea. I'd love a practice server that has the same reality of classic warz.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DyvingPenguins

DyvingPenguins Professional ',:V'er

Ratings:
    +143
    Off-topic again lol

I just wanted to say hi ',:V

lol seriously tho, it sounds great, I suck at WarZ and will most likely suck on this too but it sounds fun. I think someone made a separate server for WarZ arena practicing but it was ages, like 42,69 gazillions of years ago ',:V and it was great, and yes, I sucked at that too ',:V

',:V ^ >•< ^

:penguin:

5. chickenputty

chickenputty License & registration?

Ratings:
    +5,463
    Discord:
    Putty#9999
    Running, maintaining, and keeping a WarZ practice server entertaining is as much work as it is to do the same to WarZ. So not only would it move player counts from WarZ, it would move our time away from the actual gamemode; and most importantly split Paul's time in half or more than that. We've ran practice in the past and weren't able to retain players, just like we weren't able to retain them on KitBrawl. I don't see how this would be different now. Practice is and has always been popular off of Brawl (even during our practice server) as its anti-Brawl and differs in many ways; including staff and bans. I don't see it helping us in the long run. We're trying to get new players on WarZ where they can learn the concepts as they have no chance on a practice server.

The server's bad player retention is because of the lack of an on-server tutorial and being constantly pummeled by veterans. If we implemented a new set of guns without combos, I could see retention increasing. Back when WarZ was popular, no one knew how to play WarZ competitively, and now we only have competitive players. It's unplayable with the combo learning curve and adding a practice server doesn't help this. I've played WarZ since its origin and I have no chance on a practice server. It is infuriating to try to verse a veteran player on practice. Now imagine if you spent 2 hours slowly looting, as a noob on WarZ, then to get pummeled by a veteran. It's the same difference in both cases and slapping a kit server in the mix doesn't help at all. The learning curve is too great. ex: fortnite building, ex: dayz teams

This was the beginning of the end for WarZ:

If you want new players to have a chance:
    • In-game tutorial
    • Implement our in-game tip system
    • Increase PvE
    • Add grinding aspects like levels and money
    • New gun set
    • Fully remove combos
    • Nerf high tier gear in low tier zones

6. Reseted

Reseted Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So at the beginning i want to apologize for my bad english.
    Me and Amsterdam (Kresty, Dead_City, i guess you know him) thought about how we can bring new Players to WarZ like you did. We had the idea to make some "good" Players help new ones. So how can we do that? We said that the brawl Team could do a new Rank like a "Coach" Rank or some sort of that. So if a new Player joins the Server they see some Coaches and can message them. Maybe the Coaches could give them a Beginner Kit with some Combo guns and then show them how to Combo, eat and move. They could also show them the Map and explain the Zones. All in all that would be like a Tutorial but its more helpfull because a human can help them.

Its just a Beta Version of the idea, maybe you guys have some ideas too so it can help us out some day.

7. lilmatsko

lilmatsko Warz Noob

Ratings:
    +119
    This sounds a lot like wild west.