1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Accepted LemonTheCake's Builder Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by LemonTheCake, Apr 6, 2020.

?

Lemon for builder? OvO

1. Yes!

15 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. LemonTheCake

LemonTheCake Stay focused, stay alive.

Ratings:
    +49
    Minecraft Username - LemonTheCake
    Timezone - EST

Would you consider yourself experienced with WorldEdit? Why? - I would consider myself well experienced with world edit. Although I’m still unfamiliar with a few commands, I have a wide knowledge of most of them and am always striving to discover new ways to use this tool. I use world edit often to make building easier, so I'm good at knowing which commands will be useful for specific parts of builds.

Would you consider yourself experienced with VoxelSniper? Why? - I have never used VoxelSniper before, however I would be open to getting the technology in the future! I've also seen it used in videos, so I know a small amount about how it works, but not much.

How active would you be on Brawl's Build Team? (A couple hours per week, one hour per day, etc.) -During the school year on weekdays I can be active anywhere from 1-3 hours due to homework and such, however on weekends I can be on much longer. Due to this pandemic, I’ll be more active during the week, mostly Tuesdays and Thursdays, and with a flexible schedule I can usually log on whenever needed.

Why do you want to join Brawl's Build Team? - I've been a part of brawl for about 6 years now and I've loved watching it grow and evolve. New lobbies and maps come and go and I love the different styles and creativity added into each one. I would love to contribute to a part of the server with my building skills. I also think building on minecraft is a really great tool for creating worlds and structures much easier than in real life, which is why I love it and practice it so much. I'd really like a chance here to showcase my talents and work with the others on the build team to make a fun and pretty server for others to play on and enjoy!

What would you consider your greatest strength with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - I love terraforming and custom trees, as well as houses and detailed structures. The main styles I build in are medieval, fantasy, some modern and Roman styles.

What would you consider your greatest weakness with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - I'm not good with statues or other real life structures, like vehicles or copying exact buildings and such from famous locations.

List any previous experience you have with building - I'm currently a part of a build team for a Wild West minecraft server, building towns and bases, but my primary goal when building is always still for Brawl. I’ve also assisted in making/editing maps for game modes on Brawl, specifically mc-war. In the past I also created the hub, lobbies and many maps for different game modes for a friend’s server. A lot of my time on minecraft is spent creating large builds in creative worlds, or detailed survival houses and bases.

Pictures: (Include as many pictures of your builds as you can. If you do not include pictures, your application will be automatically denied. When possible, include proof that the builds are your own.)
    https://imgur.com/gallery/JJuFDYc
    https://imgur.com/gallery/h9rjWb5
    https://imgur.com/gallery/Bhjhwpl
    https://imgur.com/gallery/UQD0SJf
    https://imgur.com/gallery/jg6wYu2
    https://imgur.com/gallery/H2Tk3I0
    https://imgur.com/gallery/m07z7Ls
    https://imgur.com/gallery/e9Be7pd
    https://imgur.com/gallery/egLnR0M
    https://imgur.com/user/LemonTheCake < Link to my Imgur page, if there are any issues loading or viewing the posts please let me know and I'll try and fix it!
    Edit: Hopefully these links are viewable, the last link doesn't work if you're on mobile sorry about that
    Please insert a Yes / No poll below.

#1 LemonTheCake, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  2. Daveeeeeeeee

Daveeeeeeeee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +876
    Cannot view your imgur page.

3. LemonTheCake

Ratings:
    +49
    Thank you, problem should be fixed now!

4. ssiah

ssiah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Is the sever you have been building for "Minenite"?

5. LemonTheCake

Ratings:
    +49
    Yes, I've been helping build towns on that server

6. ssiah

ssiah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    As McWarZ is a direct competitor to the server, there have been WarZ players banned for staffing on the server. I feel as if you'll need to choose one over the other.

7. LemonTheCake

Ratings:
    +49
    If it comes to me needing to make that decision, I will of course do so and would choose Brawl hands down. I've heard talk of that issue of players getting banned, however I really don't see much harm in simply building for the server, as I don't even play WarZ at all, and I'm only a part of Minenite to help build, not really to play the game. Again, if it becomes an issue and I do need to resign from building on Minenite I will gladly do so.

#7 LemonTheCake, Apr 6, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  8. crowmeme

crowmeme Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +42
    Discord:
    crow#7509
    Most of these builds are pretty decent not gonna lie. Your skills would be a good addition to the team!

except for that watermelon house lol jk

Big +1 I don't think your server activity or anything is an issue m'guy

#8 crowmeme, Apr 7, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  9. LemonTheCake

Ratings:
    +49
    Thank you very much!

10. Theo92160_

Theo92160_ Worldedit's axe > Guns > Swords

Ratings:
    +382
    Discord:
    Scylla#7686
    Decent builds with a large variety of original themes. Being part of the build team will certainly help you improve a lot, while you can help this server with some of your talent.

Glad that you finally decided to apply! +1

11. LemonTheCake

Ratings:
    +49
    Thank you so much! I really hope I can improve and strengthen my skills more!

12. Ice_Bear1

Ice_Bear1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +126
    Ice Bear is glad to see you apply. Here are a few things Ice Bear noticed one very small concern is that these are old builds. It would be great to see some newer builds to show your skill now but that is okay because build skill isn't something deteriorates easily. However, that being said I would say one of your big strengths here is the diversity of maps you have shown but lets take a closer look at each.

Archway- This map looks good and has that impressive factor. It highlights some strengths with building on difficult terrain such as mountainous or hilly areas and also shows terraforming skill. Ice Bear's says no major problems but a small complaint about this is that it probably wouldn't make the best mcwar map... Anyways Ice Bear approves.

Modern Houses- Ice Bear says meh. These aren't particularly impressive but they at least show that you can work with modern builds. Ice Bear says definitely an area to improve on but modern houses are actually quite difficult to build so the lack of impressiveness on this one is excusable.

Rustic House- Ice Bear says this one is just okay it is a small rustic house with no real flaws but Ice Bear feels it would have been better to show something a bit larger and more complex such as maybe a rustic tavern.

Big Build WIP- Ice Bear says this one is a WIP so Ice Bear will go a bit easier on it. This build is lacking (because it is still in the progress) but what is there has been done decently especially the cave. Ice Bear thinks you did that part best so far.

Another World Thing- Ice Bear says the more impressive thing is using that weird pallet that mesa biomes have. Ice Bear says the builds match well in the environment but Ice Bear would have preferred something a bit bigger that really shows the limits of your building skills.

Terraforming- Ice Bear says this would probably be your biggest strength here and they all look very nice. The detail on a micro scale is very nice. Ice Bear would love to see this in combination with some marco terraforming.

Ravine Map- Ice Bear likes this one. Caves can be hard to do since they aren't very straightforward and it is hard to make them look natural. Ice Bear says the structures look fine. Ice Bear doesn't really see any real way to improve it besides making bigger more complex rock formations but that is asking a bit much.

Melon House- Nice house weird pallete still works though.

Pod- Great map Ice Bear would love to see this in mcwar and it is definitely builder quality. Ice Bear says nuff said.

Overall, Ice Bear feels LemonTheCake has things to improve on but is good enough to join the build team and will only continue to get better once there. Ice Bear says there were definitely some builds that Ice Bear liked less than others and ones that weren't particularly impressive but the diversity of them all makes up for those shortcomings. Ice Bear approves. +1

13. LemonTheCake

Ratings:
    +49
    Thank you so much for this detailed feedback! I hope I can live up to build team expectations if accepted, and I will definitely try extra hard to work on the things you've mentioned to improve my skills!

14. xxMineSheepxx

xxMineSheepxx baaaahh

Ratings:
    +571