1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

tallscot's Media Rank Application

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by tallscot, May 26, 2020.

?

Should tallscot be accepted into the Media Team?

1. +1

90.0%
  2. +0

10.0%
  3. -1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. tallscot

tallscot sceptiiiiiii

Ratings:
    +1,572
    Brawl Rank Application

What is your in-game name? - tallscot

What is your Discord name? - tallscot/Aaron#4671

Why do you want the Media rank? - I've edited and helped put videos together for the Brawl channel in the past (Brawl News videos, will link down below), and in all honesty I'd like to be able to do more to contribute to the server (WarZ specifically, but will obviously work on other stuff when needed). I enjoy editing videos and recording a variety of content rather than just montages (will explain below), and being able to do that for Brawl in order to help it grow would be ideal for me.

What Brawl gamemodes are you most familiar with? (e.g CTF, Raid, Kit, etc) - I am most familiar with War, WarZ, Party, and Build. However, I have a good understanding of all the other gamemodes, although I don't play them as much.

What type of content/media do you produce? - For the most part I record and edit/upload highlights of my gameplay (War and WarZ), such as funny moments, decent clips, etc. I have also uploaded montages for WarZ and War, and the most recent example would be a WarZ montage I uploaded last night:

I've also been experimenting with the replay mod and learning how to use it effectively in order to better my content, which will (hopefully) be featured in future videos.

Do you have a YouTube/Twitch channel? (If so, please provide a link) - I've had a couple YouTube channels since I started recording for this server, both of which received quite a bit of views. One of which was Tall Montages, which I lost access to. The channel I use today and have used for the past few years is here. A lot of the old content on there is unlisted, but I've uploaded new content within the past week and I plan on continuing this.

Have you made any notable videos featuring Brawl? - I've made quite a few. I was given video of the month on two separate occasions: once back when the Video of the week was a thing and everybody had to vote on them in order to video of the month, and once when it was awarded in the Brawl News (hence the two separate medals I have). Back in 2015, I also contributed to the old Brawl News videos by creating the intro for it (this was when I was still new to editing/producing content):
    https://www.brawl.com/media/182/media

An example of something different that I've done regarding content made for Brawl, around September of last year I joined NoahJ145's YouTube stream and ended up getting an McWarZ clip from @Havai shown on stream along with the Brawl IP address in the donor message, and then uploaded his reaction:

Would also create War and WarZ montages/videos that would receive 300-600 views per video before I stopped uploading. An example would be this War montage made in 2015 which received Video of the Week:

^Along with this War 2.0 Sniper Montage I made in 2017 when the gamemode was first released:

There are lots of other examples on my channel, all of which feature Brawl.

What are your strengths and weaknesses regarding the production of media content? - As for strengths, I consider myself very skilled with syncing and editing clips to music, as it's something I've done in college as well (am a music composition + business major, so I've worked and edited with Final Cut Pro + Logic for several years now). I also consider myself strong with editing in general, as I've become very experienced with Final Cut Pro and all the features of it in the 5-6 years I've been using it consistently.

For weaknesses, I've noticed in a lot of my older videos and clips in general, a lot of the edits made weren't that creative, which is something I've been improving on as I've experimented more and more with the resources I have.

Anything else you would like to add? - One thing that might be concerning is my player history. I was recently temp-banned for a week for "Threatening to Leak IPs", but it was resolved literally within 2 minutes of the ban taking place as it was a misunderstanding. Occasionally I have acted toxic in chat (as most people have on WarZ), but that's something that's easily corrected (just recently I was a Senior Mod on JeromeASF's Pixelmon server as well as a Moderator on Complex Gaming, in which I resigned from both). I've already been contributing a lot to the WarZ community and Brawl as a whole, such as building and pushing out ideas consistently. I believe Ritzy can vouch for me on that.

Would you like to be considered as an applicant for the Media Team (creating official content for Brawl)? If so, answer the following questions: -
    Why do you want to join the Media team? - In all honesty, I'd like to contribute to the community as much as possible without having the responsibility of staffing the server, which is why I haven't gone for staff. As I said before, I very much enjoy editing and putting out content, and if I'm able to do that while also contributing to the server, it would be ideal for me.

Please insert a Yes / No poll below.

2. Doges

Doges Ex-Mod, Ex-Builder

Ratings:
    +338
    This looks legit

3. Shiny12

Shiny12 Overlord

Ratings:
    +1
    Very clean videos +1

4. Snail_5_

Snail_5_ Switched Accounts "Phobia"

Ratings:
    +694
    You have been accepted for the Media Rank! I would like to see more content from you before accepting you for the Media Team as well. Please remember that with the Media Rank, you are upheld to similar standards as staff members.