1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Scout fall damage steak and respawn bugs

Discussion in 'Capture the Flag' started by Smartheads, Aug 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Smartheads

Smartheads Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Intro: Scout has 70% fall damage reduction, which means that if the player falls from ~4-5 blocks (where you would normally lose 0.5-1 hearts), it will take 0 damage. Two bugs stem out of the above defined situation:

Upon doing this the player will still have all 10 hearts, however

Bug 1:
    (...) a steak will be consumed if you click on it (recovering 0 hearts, since you never lost any in the first place). Normally you cant use a steak if you have max health.

Bug 2:
    (..) if you select a new class, the player will be killed before respawning (as if you didn't still have all 10 hearts. The proper behavior would be to respawn without dying).

2. ObamaTheReptile

ObamaTheReptile Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +664
    Bug 1: minecraft doesn't store health as factors of .5, but as a float value, meaning that if you fall from 4 blocks, instead of taking half a heart of damage you take .15 hearts, which rounded to the nearest .5 is 0, and so minecraft displays a 0 heart loss. I haven't planyed this mode in like years but if I had to guess, I'd say that you get the animations that normally happen when you take fall damage, just you don't actually visibly lose any hearts. I might be wrong about that second part, but I'm pretty positive about the first part and I'd guess it's what the bug is from

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1