1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Technology Help me with my new PC

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by oofmonein, Oct 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. oofmonein

Ratings:
    +11
    Hello there and thank you for noticing me.

I plan on buying a new pc and i'd like you to help me pick an adequate graphics card and processor etc.

I personally don't have a lot of knowledge on what is needed to satisfy my needs, but I hope one of you does.

Expectations:
    -I want a PC that can handle Minecraft on ultra quality, I want to be able to run Lunar with a fairly normal resource pack on 300+Fps.
    -I also want to be able to run more powerful games (GTA V, Ark survival evolved) on a decent level. Lets say 60Fps.
    -I do not need it to work while streaming/recording, as I do not do that.

What I've selected so far:
    -Graphics card: NVIDIA RTX 2060 6GB.
    -Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3400G - Quad Core.
    -Motherboard: MSI B450M-A PRO MAX
    -RAM: Kingston ValueRAM 16GB (basically the cheapest 16GB possibility)
    -Let me know if theres more I should mention.

For any questions feel free to slide into my dm's: NEMO#0257
    I would like to know if one of you thinks this PC would satisfy my needs. Thank you for your time.

2. Choowie

Choowie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4
    How urgent do you need this PC? Nvidia dropped their new graphics cards last month (RTX 30 series) and AMD will also be releasing it's new cpu lineup in November. Personally I'd wait until then because there are big improvements over last gen and prices for older products will drop as well (depending on what you need).

But for your current build I'd upgrade the CPU to a Ryzen 5 3600 as it's a significant improvement over the 3400G for not much more in cost. The graphics card is fine for your needs.
    I'd definitely look for different ram, AMD cpus benefit a lot from higher ram speeds so try and find some at 3200 mhz. Also make sure you're buying 2 sticks as dual channel is much better than using one stick of ram (so if you need 16gb ram buy 2x8gb).

I've used a similar CPU to the 3600 and a worse graphics card and I'm able to easily get 300+ fps in minecraft and 60+ in GTA and many other games so I'm sure you'll be fine there.

Hope this helps :smile:

#2 Choowie, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  3. Lord_Roke

Lord_Roke Forever the Forums Watchdog
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +3,225
    Unless the 300+ FPS are only intended to give us an idea with regards to performance, you won't actually need that much - assuming you use at most a 144 Hz monitor. If you don't want to use RTX in Minecraft, the graphics cards will do perfectly fine.

The RTX 2060 should easily be able to achieve that.

As mentioned above, you should upgrade the CPU to a Ryzen 5 3600. It it only slightly more expensive, but a much better pairing for the RTX 2060. The 3400G also includes an integrated graphics chip, which you won't need (actually a quite powerful one, driving up the price).

It would be helpful if you could tell us how much money you want to spend and how much the parts you already have would cost. It is hard to plan without knowing that.

4. oofmonein

Ratings:
    +11
    Update time. I did end up buying a new pc, these are the specs:
    -gpu: RTX 2060
    -cpu: Ryzen 5 3600
    -ram: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 16GB 3000Mhz (Gotta have that RGB hehe) (dual channel 2 x 8GB)

Thank you Choowie and Roke for the help <3

5. TheMel0n

TheMel0n 8 Year McPvPer

Ratings:
    +117
    Discord:
    Ante#7366
    Custom cables > RGB

6. Ryva

Ryva Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Definitely agree here, at first it doesn't seem like it but having a clean setup is way more rewarding than an RGB setup.

I recommend getting a certain color of cables, changing your RGB to that color, and making your cable management as clean as possible

7. oofmonein

Ratings:
    +11
    I just paid $5 extra for my RAM sticks to be colourful, no full RGB set. But I'll try my best to manage my cables nicely.

8. TheMel0n

TheMel0n 8 Year McPvPer

Ratings:
    +117
    Discord:
    Ante#7366
    5$ extra for colors is cheap