1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Raid Map 1 Release - Goodbye BETA Map!

Discussion in 'Raid' started by Carnotauros, Dec 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Carnotauros

Carnotauros Raid & Events Manager

Ratings:
    +595
    Discord:
    Leon#9397
    [​IMG]

Hello Raiders,
    We have been actively listening to your feedback during the BETA-map and are now proud to announce the official release of MCPVP's RAID!

☰ What

For the reset, the world you have been PvPing in, making your bases in, tracking & raiding in will be replaced by a fresh, new world, full of new possibilities. This means all bases, items, warps, teams and gold will be gone with the reset.

You will not keep anything but your player rank and any unused boosters!
    For those players who are new to Raid, or Hardcore Survival servers, here is a short list of Raid's features:
    • The ability to track other players by building trackers
    • A shop to sell or buy any kind of item to and from other players
    • Mob stacking to simplify experience farms and reduce lag
    • A custom spawn with protection to provide an environment for players to meet and prepare for PvP
    • The ability to capture mobs with eggs and levels
    • Weekly KoTHs in a custom KOTH world (new!)
    • The ability to change spawners to different mob types with dragon eggs

☰ When

Date: Saturday, 26th of December
    Time: 7PM UTC / 2PM ET / 8PM CET / 11AM PT
    IP: raid.mcpvp.com

☰ Map info
    • Border: 10k
    • Nether-border: 10k
    • End-border: 1k
    • Team cap: 10
    • Spawn type: Flat/Not Raised
    Trailer

☰ What's New
    We're actively trying to improve the game mode, and are listening to your feedback. Here's a list of all the changes:
    • You can now run/build on top of the nether.
    • End is now open for exploration.
      • You can now set warps and build bases in the end.
    • Baltop and team top will be displayed at spawn.
    • /pay has been introduced.
    • The "shop-glitch" has been reintroduced.
      • This means that whenever you sell an item the repairCost for the item will be reset.
    • 1.7 enchanting has been reintroduced.
    • Netherrite armour is now buffed, and will no longer reduce knockback.
    • Ancient debris now drops a netherrite ingot instead of an ancient debris block.
      • It will ALWAYS drop an ingot - fortune does not work.
    • Netherrite crafting recipe has been changed, you now need the diamond equivalent in order to create a netherrite piece - you still need a smithing table.
      • Example: You now need 5 netherrite ingots in order to create a netherrite helmet.
    • Notch-apples will function like they did in 1.8, and are now also craftable in the same way.
    • Strength-potions will be nerfed even more.
    • You no longer lose hunger as often.
    • Mob-spawn rates have been nerfed.
    • Sponges are reintroduced, however, you can no longer use them within 512 blocks of spawn nor during combat.
    • There's a new AFK-reward system - every hour you get a crate reward key, you need 12 crate keys to open a crate.
    • If you stand AFK for over 5 minutes, you can no longer be tracked. If you move, you can be tracked again.
    • Shields are no longer usable in combat.
    • Kits are now completely removed.
    • Elytras are not obtainable in the end, however, you can still obtain them through the playtime crate.
    • Shulkers don't spawn naturally.
      • You can still obtain a shulkerbox from the playtime crate.
    • Gold will no longer spawn in the nether.
    • The excess gold in the badlands biomes has been removed.
    • Gold blocks spawning in monuments and chests have been removed.
    • The repair villager at spawn has been replaced with the shop-glitch.
      • This means that whenever you sell an item the repairCost for the item will be reset.
    • Phantoms no longer spawn.
      • However, you can get phantom spawn eggs from the playtime crate.
    • The lapis-, netherrite- and crying obby- trackers have been removed.
    • The end event has been removed, you can now build in the end instead.
    • You can no longer sell gold in the shop
    • Riptide is now disabled during combat and within 512 blocks of spawn.
    • The shop is now fully functional
    • Knockback has been fixed, it now simulates the 1.8 knockback
    • You no longer lose hunger as often.
    • Team points are now obtainable through events and daily challenges
    • Team point leaderboards will be shown on the website
      • They can also be viewed with /team top and in a hologram at spawn
    • Once you've completed all the daily challenges, the team will receive one "team-challenge crate" key.
      • To redeem the crate key, press the diamond block in /team challenges.
    • /team menu will now be introduced and can be used instead of the commands
      • There will be a new NPC at spawn that will open this menu
    • Once you reach different team point milestones you get different rewards (will be added later during the map, any ideas for rewards are welcome).
      • Milestones can be viewed with /team milestones (or through the team menu).
    • Any abuse of the team point system will result in a ban.
    • KOTHs will be weekly
    • Rewards will be buffed.
    • The KOTH will be in a new world, in order to enter the KOTH, you need to go through a portal at spawn.
    • There will no longer be any restrictions at KOTHs.
    • KOTH will now be using a points system, which will be displayed as a boss bar (instead of a scoreboard)
    • Winning a KOTH will reward you 75 team points
    • The cross-teaming rules still apply.
    • There will be two daily feasts, which spawn at random coordinates on the map.
    • These feasts spawn at 12 PM EST and 6 PM EST.
    • At the feast, you can find different reward, one of which being team points.
    • There will be three new crates:
      • Playtime crate
      • Team challenges crate
      • KOTH/Weekly crate
    • You cannot buy your way to these crates, and they're only obtainable through playing the game.
    • Every crate contains at least one special item.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

☰ End of the Map

As always, there will be an EOTM event before the reset happens, with prizes to be won. Read more here (will be added at a later date).
    Keep posting your suggestions, and ideas. Please post your feedback, bugs, changes on all of them. We want to know what you think.

MCPVP Staff Team

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Mod Honor Mod Honor x 1
    #1 Carnotauros, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  2. sch104

sch104 Team Ice

Ratings:
    +42
    Welcome to the beginning of the end, ladies and gentlemen! New player friendly change btw.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Colonel_Graff

Colonel_Graff http://www.brawl.com/games/ctf/lookup/188857/

Ratings:
    +437
    Elytra is pointless on a 10k x 10k map anyway, especially if there's no weather for Riptide to pull you across the map.

Kits are now completely removed -> Oh ugh, why? That's the best way to start out.

Nether-border: 10k -> lolwut?
    You can now run/build on top of the nether. -> LOLWUT?

Mob-spawn rates have been nerfed-> Jesus it's about time

If you stand AFK for over 5 minutes, you can no longer be tracked. If you move, you can be tracked again. (Shakes head in shame) Really...?

Team points are now obtainable through events and daily challenges -> This is going to be abused or ignored, we'll find out by the end of
    January

Playtime crate -> Needs more explanation

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  4. hockeyxxxxxxkid

hockeyxxxxxxkid Active Member

Ratings:
    +35
    I kinda like this. Is there some way to tell when this activates and deactivates for yourself or other players?

It might be cool to allow movement as long as you're standing on diamond blocks. Increases the value of the raid but makes the AFK warp easier to use.

• Funny Funny x 1
    #4 hockeyxxxxxxkid, Dec 17, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  5. Twhat

Twhat Professional Tracker

Ratings:
    +36
    Wtf are these :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Carnotauros

Carnotauros Raid & Events Manager

Ratings:
    +595
    Discord:
    Leon#9397
    lol

7. Colonel_Graff

Ratings:
    +437
    Tried to craft end crystals but it was disabled. Can we re-enable that? Raid needs the crystal PVP meta.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. ultrapunisher97

Ratings:
    +21
    Well there's still a starter kit, just not the /Kit option. Also you're right, at first team points won't hold much value, however, once team milestones get implemented, people will be going crazy over team points. I hope this answers your concerns!

Maybe explain further what you mean?

Yes and how raid worked before was working very well lol. I think new changes should be embraced! And if they're bad who literally cares, they'll be fixed then. Obviously something had to change. I hope that makes sense.

9. sch104

sch104 Team Ice

Ratings:
    +42
    Actually, the update to 1.16 that happened while I was mod, which I was a very big part of, was huge for the gamemode. More new players than ever, and decent average player counts, despite none of the regulars playing. (They didn't play due to bugs early on ruining the map)

Change should be embraced, hence why I constantly advocated for changes. However, change for change's sake is just as bad, if not worse, than no change at all. It is crucial to actually think about changes before just going willy nilly changing things however you wish.

Hockey is trying to con his way into a sick afk fullmap where he can just track for free. Kinda smart honestly, well phrased hockey, mad respect.

I have plenty of more constructive feedback to provide about a lot of ideas you are planning to implement. If you ever decide to put the interests of the players first, feel free to PM me on discord. I would love to see the server implement changes that have been discussed and have exhausted all possible improvements to the ideas.

10. hockeyxxxxxxkid

hockeyxxxxxxkid Active Member

Ratings:
    +35
    No I just want to be able to move around in my xp grinders without being tracked for more than 5 minutes. I forgot how to track.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Vendor

Vendor .gg/drip

Ratings:
    +8
    > doesn’t pvp at all

> insists on a (horrible) change in pvp meta although it doesn’t affect him

Please shut the **** up

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. ultrapunisher97

Ratings:
    +21
    What you're saying is making a completely false assumption. Every single change was thought about and considered. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it wasn't heavily considered. Nothing I've done is random. But if you don't like it, then leave the server and stop trashing on it. Let other people actually have fun :frowning:

• Like Like x 1
  13. sch104

sch104 Team Ice

Ratings:
    +42
    I never questioned whether they were being thought about and considered, necessarily. I questioned WHO was thinking and considering.

In case you haven't seen, https://www.brawl.com/threads/77202/

My only interest in the server is due to me caring about some of the people who still play brawl. Please, allow me to be more clear. The ONLY reason I am offering to discuss things with you is because I like these people. I know you think you know it all, and that's fine, everyone does when they first start making changes. I do not know everything, and I know that neither you, nor any other member of the staff team (or yellow name) know everything. I am simply offering my perspective, as a player who has plenty of recent experience on the server, with the community, and with the players who we began drawing in.

You may not like this fact, but I was there when 1.16 was started, and a big part of the update. I spent countless hours talking to old players and new players alike about changes. I then talked to old players, newish players, and brand new players about their opinions, their thoughts on my ideas, and more. This feedback can be very beneficial to the server.

However, if you'd prefer to resort to childish responses on a public forum, rather than simply discussing things with a knowledgeable ex-mod, for no reason except your own ego...... Then I am sorry to all of you, Raiders. I truly want the best for you guys.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ultrapunisher97

Ratings:
    +21
    The assumptions you're making about me are blatantly false. I don't know everything, and I'm very open to new suggestions or ideas that people have. This also isn't the first time I've started making changes on a server, I have a lot of experience with servers, and designing them. I'm not new to this at all. I don't have a large ego, I mean it's possible that I do, although I don't mean to. I don't tend to have issues with anyone on raid but you. You attack me at every becking call. I'm more than happy to have a civil conversation with you, but you refuse. You have your mind made up about me and the server, and attack attack attack for no good reason. Everyone else is happy, but you. From my perspective. You don't seem to like much anything at all. Maybe you think I'm attacking you as well, but I'm really not trying to.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. sch104

sch104 Team Ice

Ratings:
    +42
    My apologies sir, but if I am not mistaken, it was right before you blocked me that I asked to clear up any possible unintended tension over a civil, peaceful, productive 1 on 1 conversation.

Wrong. I have my mind made up about you, but this is because of now weeks of wild unprofessional behavior, and now you claiming something that is outright false.

If you seriously want to have a civil discussion, I have offered it many times and you have ignored it. You have my discord, and if you do not it is currently Swan#8879 just for you. I will be reverting it back in a few days, because I prefer other names, but feel free to add me and shoot me a message. I am always open to productive conversations. I hope you have it in you to stop pointlessly fighting with me over false assumptions of my intentions

• Like Like x 1
    #15 sch104, Dec 23, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
  16. ultrapunisher97

Ratings:
    +21
    Well then it seems we are both falsely assuming things about each other. So if you stop doing that to me, I won't do it to you. We won't have an issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Colonel_Graff

Ratings:
    +437
    Oh lol, I just think the 2b2t meta is absolutely outrageous and would love to see end crystals used during events and see that one kid eliminate a team using them.

Also I’m just looking to make money off of ghast farming... yeah most of my suggestions are about making stuff that I can sell

18. CoCaptainBlue

CoCaptainBlue Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87
    So what do you actually think of the idea?

19. Tuumai

Tuumai Raid Sub-Manager

Ratings:
    +111
    So finding a base after tracking is way more annoying now after you can build top of nether and end? and not forget 10k nether border

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Colonel_Graff

Ratings:
    +437
    oh and it gets better- because of the nether 'fog' you can even see high bases until you are almost on top of them.