1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Lower "/spectate or /spec" to Players

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by FruztalProjects, Feb 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. FruztalProjects

FruztalProjects Active Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Discord:
    Tristin#3016
    Here's just a suggestion for Capture the Flag, some people don't even play the game and the spectate command is a moderator command, why not lower it to players? Shouldn't necessarily disrupt the game, obviously if it's abused in a way, it should be taken away.

2. BuddyCroooock

BuddyCroooock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +473
    If you don't play the game, what's the point in joining then? It's for moderators for a reason, they are supposed to catch rule breakers. If you want to be in CTF, give it a try atleast.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. FruztalProjects

FruztalProjects Active Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Discord:
    Tristin#3016
    I can see that being restricted for a reason, and you're right, if you don't play, don't login.

4. Warrey

Warrey Former WarZ Staff

Ratings:
    +67
    Discord:
    Warrey#9081
    People spectating could be in a call with another person playing and tell the player where everyone is, which will not be equal as then everyone would need spectators to make it fair.

That’s what I think, but I believe someone else has a better answer I’m not too sure, I have hours on CTF but not enough to tell the actual impact that it would do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #4 Warrey, Feb 7, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  5. Zernaa

Zernaa Member

Ratings:
    +28
    This would honestly be a good idea for the match server. A lot of the time during PPMs and matches, people want to spectate. It would be easier if they could just type /spectate then to have a moderator do it.

6. Forleb

Forleb Retired CTF Manager
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +89
    Discord:
    Forleb#0943
    I agree that this would make a lot of sense for strictly the match server, but having this in casual would be very unsafe for a number of reasons people have said above.

• Agree Agree x 2