1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Future Party Update Ideas

Discussion in 'MinecraftParty Deluxe' started by Kobaltsar, May 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Kobaltsar

Kobaltsar Active Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +27
    I’ve been working on a list of new games and other party ideas and this post will list out those ideas in the best detail I can go into over a post.

New Games:

1. Ice Boat Race:

This idea is a pretty simple one and it’s to take the current boat race mini-game and make a new map for it but with boats on ice. I think this one should be an easy one to implement in since it should be just basically adding a map to boat race but it will feel like a new game entirely. This one has a lot of potential to be chaotic and produce a ton of fun moments.

Credit: Kobaltsar, whisper58, Ralithune (previous forum post, similar idea)

2. Jungle Temple Race:

This mini-game is based off the Minecraft jungle temples in where you have to solve the levers to get to the chest in the temple but instead we make it so they open doors to get to the finish. I think there should be 3-5 doors and 3 levers per door with a random combination to unlock the door for every one of them. Whoever can get through them to the finish wins

Credit: Kobaltsar

3. Temple Run

For this one, it would be a temple run elimination game where everyone has to run on a platform that is slowly disappearing behind them and getting faster the longer time goes. As the players run along there can be obstacles along the path like parkour, falling anvils, blocks to jump over, etc.

4. Snake

This potential game is inspired by a Hypixel game, one of the few decent ones they have, where everyone has a tail that gets longer as time goes and they have to keep moving whilst avoiding other players tails. Except we make it better because Hypixel is bad.

5. Dodgeball

For those who liked elimination snowball fight we can bring it back but as a game rebrand of Dodgeball. It will be basically elimination snowball fight in how it plays.

Another potential way we do this Dodgeball game that would make it completely unique is if it splits the players into two teams and whichever team wins with the last players standing get 3 stars and the other team 0. There is no other team game in party and this could be a completely unique idea if it is implemented.

6. Lava Room

For this game everyone has to parkour up out of the room while lava slowly fills the room. Either they escape or they die. This one is pretty simple, not too much to explain.

Credit: SneakingSnake

7. Last Man Standing

A suggestion by Fireshadow but with how I would like it to work. It’s simple, everyone starts with simple iron gear, diamond sword and then everyone just murders each other till one player is left. To avoid campers make a border slowly close in and if you kill someone you get full health. Should have normal PvP mechanics.

Credit: Fireshadow007

8. Potion Drop

BRING IT BACK! I, personally, loved potion drop and I know a good chunk of others did too. Maybe there’s a way to fix the lag issues that it had and update some mechanics to make it less disliked by a few people. If you have ideas, please share them on the forums or Brawl Discord

GAME FIXES:

This part is about fixes or updates to any games we currently have.

Cake Gunner:

Two walls have way better hit boxes than the other two, the two walls with bad hit boxes should be fixed to match the other walls.

Animal Race:

Animal Race has a notable bug that make it unplayable for some players (See Bossatom). This bug is that your animal is way slower than the other animals half of the time and you are unable to compete with the other players at all. If it is possible to fix this bug, that would improve Animal Race by a lot.

Bouncing Balls:

For a short time, PvP was enabled on Bouncing Balls and it made it very fun to play. I'd like to see PvP enabled again. It also took some of the randomness that Bouncing Balls has by making it so you have to have a tactic on hitting people out rather than just sit behind an Icicle and hope for the best.

The last thing to add to all of this is that most of the games could still use more of a variety of maps such as Musical Minecarts, Bouncing Balls, Riptide, and Smash. These are just the more notable ones, it would be cool if most of the games with a single map got a second map for more variety.

• Like Like x 2
  2. featherpaw

featherpaw Your friendly neighborhood kitten! :3

Ratings:
    +1,424
    I like a lot of these ideas and think they would be fun to implement, but I have concerns about a couple, from an implementation standpoint.

This gamemode would require many different (seemingly identical) maps with redstone to open the door, unless there's a way to make a click event that opens doors and randomize that. I like the idea, but it seems difficult to replicate and truly randomize.

This gamemode would require a map that continues on forever and creates new obstacles, otherwise it's just another parkour race with an end. How do you propose the map continues?

I love this idea and there is actually already a snake game coded back from like 2016/2017 around april fools! If it can be tweaked to avoid the lag that occured from too many players, I think it would be a great addition!

I love the idea of team games, especially considering this is supposed to be a gamemode that reminds people of mario party. Having more gamemodes that pit people against each other in pairs or even teams would be a fun way to increase the versatility of the gamemode.

This seems too much like your temple runner post, except vertical instead of horizontal. Again, what would happen when players reach the end of the map (if they do)?

3. Kobaltsar

Kobaltsar Active Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +27

For Temple Runner, I think after a certain point, the platform should be disappearing too fast for the players that are surviving to be able to continue on, much like how Spleef’s and Red Alert’s platforms disappear after a while and the players end up tying for first place. The map should be long enough to where no players can finish it before this happens.

I think this one could be a Smoke Monster type win where whoever makes it to the top and survives the rising lava wins.

4. featherpaw

featherpaw Your friendly neighborhood kitten! :3

Ratings:
    +1,424
    Both of these games, I imagine, would require multiple different maps before being implemented, but other than that I think the way you described them would be pretty cool and makes sense in the theme of party. +1!