1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

What the hell is Brawl doing?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by xGhale, Aug 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. xGhale

xGhale HG‘s Doom guy

Ratings:
    +1,393

This channel has 41.8k subs. A large number of those people are old-school McPvP people, I'd guess a good portion of them won't touch the game again, but you still have a good amount of people subbed to the channel who would probably watch the content...

If it was good. No offence to whoever recorded this, but full front to the person who thought this was a good thing to upload.
    Another CTF "montage" with godawful music, editing, and what kind of "montage" has a bunch of people talking in the background lmao
    (I mean, away from the fact that it's CTF, which is a problem in its own right)
    EDIT because I can't believe I didn't notice it earlier - the montage has clips from an entirely different server running (mainly) on an entirely different version to your own...huh???
    People constantly complain about "falling player counts" this and "lack of new people" that but you have a perfectly usable channel with nearly 42 THOUSAND people subscribed to it where a video has a 50:50 like dislike ratio and 80 views after 2 days. Same goes for the other content, 300 views and 70:30 like dislike ratio? Not sure who's managing the channel or the Media team but damn...

The funniest thing is the main consistency I see in these videos apart from the mentioned things are the number of comments asking for HG back, but there's nobody interested in HG, right? Right guys?

It's such a shame. Give the channel to someone who actually could put it to good use instead of letting it rot away like this.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    We're not trying to appeal to old-school McPvP players. They have already quit and only a very small portion will ever come back. As much as I miss the McPvP community, trying to bring back old players is not our goal, our goal is to retain new players.

Furthermore, most of our subscribers subscribed years ago and probably don't use YouTube anymore. We get much fewer views than the average channel with 40k subs. Subscriber count isn't a good indicator for how well these videos should perform.

We'd appreciate any constructive criticism you have. I agree the montage shouldn't have had people talking in the background, though this is because most CTF matches involve players being in calls.

As said above, the majority of our subscribers are not active on YouTube or don't care about Brawl anymore, because they're mostly players from years ago that have since moved on from Minecraft entirely.

We are not bringing back HG because a few people on YouTube who don't play Minecraft anymore have nostalgia for it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Squidward

Squidward BEST WARZ SMOD NO KAPPA (ง'̀-'́)ง

Ratings:
    +405
    Discord:
    Jay#3599
    [​IMG]

MCCTF MONTAGE BTW

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. EmperorTrump45

EmperorTrump45 Dank Memer

Ratings:
    +2,157
    This wouldn't have happened if the Communist Radical Left hadn't gotten away with 2020 ELECTION STEAL! Sad!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. rmure

rmure Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304
    ctf is stagnating because a rule was added against griefing casual games and for some reason all the competitive regs were devastated by this news

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Hexivoid

Hexivoid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55
    Still waiting for them to upload some more "Top 10 MC-War Trickshots!" compilations they promised. :wink:

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. xGhale

xGhale HG‘s Doom guy

Ratings:
    +1,393
    You can still appeal to the remaining player base (which is quite a few people) as well as people who played during the SimpleHG time or players who play on Brazilian servers and aren't fans of the mess. Also, speaking of old-school McPvP players...

See above. Also, for the sub count the views are utterly P I T I F U L .

Fine.
    1. Lack of any editing which would have been fitting for a montage
    2. Continous stream of CTF content which is a) uninteresting for most people b) uninteresting for most new people (you know, those people you're trying to attract) because they have 0 idea what's going and will last around 3 minutes in a CTF game before giving up
    3. Talking. In a montage.
    4. Music choice. (bit more of a personal opinion)
    5. Large server, running on 1.8+ with mainly versions above that being attracted, uploads a video with above-mentioned flaws contained. What does one find in said video? A clip from an entirely different server running a different version.

See above.

?

Man, CTF sounds like a fun place

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    #7 xGhale, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  8. SoCool21

Ratings:
    +2,517
    We've made it very clear that HG is not coming back to Brawl.

I appreciate that this is frustrating to you. Matt, Viva, Turmac, Rhoske and I actually worked hard to create a HG 2.0 proposal, only for it to be rejected and the idea canned. I was just as frustrated as you are. Following HG's shut down, the gamemode I went on to main was Wild West, which had a very similar demise.

However, this all happened 3 years ago. I encourage you to try some of our other games, or Skyblock when that releases. If you don't enjoy those games, you need to move on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. meltingangel

meltingangel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +633
    Discord:
    Meltingangel#4647
    #Soon

• Like Like x 1
  10. SoCool21

Ratings:
    +2,517
    There's a good reason for it taking longer than expected, it's not stuck in development hell like War 2.0, promise :V

11. rmure

rmure Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304
    sock

• SMod Honor SMod Honor x 1
  12. xGhale

xGhale HG‘s Doom guy

Ratings:
    +1,393
    Then don't make claims about how you'll be doing so lol

Also, as I've said, give the channel to someone who might want to actually use it for proper promotion instead of, well, this.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Ringwrather

Ringwrather Active Member

Ratings:
    +21
    Bring back hg pls I get the new skyblock gamemode might help but it is more for grindy players. hg would be a a lot of fun. A lot of time games have fall offs but still can come back it doesn't hurt to give a classic game mode a try again.