1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

CTF PPM IDEA

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Ringwrather, Sep 1, 2021.

?

Should Brawl implement?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Ringwrather

Ringwrather Active Member

Ratings:
    +21
    As we all know the player count is down and ppms don't often happen as much as they used to. So an idea I have seen before has been to do offence vs defense ppms you can use less sign ups to still play the ppm instead of just canceling it.

Ideas:
    • First off when maps are being set the server should also be set to know if its a normal match or offence vs defense match (see further ideas to see why) command could be something like /offvsdef
    • The first map the ppm host chooses what team plays offence and defense after the map is over the game auto pauses (server knows to do so as it was set to offence vs defense) then the losing team picks if they would like to play offence or defense using commands like /off or /def (using a voting system) whatever option has the most votes after the timer is up (about 20 seconds to vote can change based on what works) that's the side the losing team plays.
    • Works like a normal ppm and is best of 2/3 if the losing team of the first map wins the second map, the losing team of the second map picks offense or defense for the thrid map.
    • Only one flag on each map (Red team = offence Blue = Defense) Red team or the offence team will not have a flag so no players from the defense team can try to cap. (Server Knows not to place flag on map because the server would be set to offence Vs Deffence)
    I feel like this will be a great way to still run ppms for the players that want to and can to play instead of canceling the ppm and some people don't want to just play mini map ppms so this is the best compromise to make as many people happy as possible.

Please reply and add any other ideas you would like to see added to this

• Agree Agree x 2
    #1 Ringwrather, Sep 1, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2021