1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Party Ideas and Improvements

Discussion in 'MinecraftParty Deluxe' started by overneo, Oct 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. overneo

overneo Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    So this is just a post about a few ideas that I’ve had about the future of Party, split into new game ideas, powerups, and some general thoughts. Feel free to add ideas/thoughts in the thread :smile:

New Games:

Terra Swoop Force: An elytra race through a tunnel containing pillars and other obstacles, when you hit an obstacle and die, you return to a checkpoint. I’m sure that I’m not the first person to suggest this game, meaning there may be some difficulties in developing it, but nonetheless this could be a very cool game and take advantage of the features of 1.16.

Space Hopper: Would involve a parkour course including slimes, jump pads and avoiding obstacles to reach the finish line.

Projectile Tag: Could be a game too similar to Hot TNT but still thought I would add it because why not. Basically tag but with either snowballs or a bow and arrow to tag players.

Musical Mimicry: players start in their own room, they press a button to hear a little tune, first to recreate it using note blocks wins. Every player would have the same song to avoid one player having something really easy to recreate.

Bingo: pretty self explanatory, the first person to collect their items by means of farming, crafting, killing mobs, looting chests (cakes from a bakery, armour from a blacksmith, etc), etc wins. Having different themed maps and correlating items could make this a really cool game imo.

Dropper: Hypixel has a similar mini game, so could be difficult to give it a Brawl twist, but I thought I’d mention it anyway incase anyone reading this has any good ideas about making it our own.

Team Games: At the moment party doesn’t have any team games so these are a couple ideas if its ever a possibility of them being added.

Dodgeball: Credits to Kobaltsar who had a similar idea in a previous post. My proposition of how it would work is similar: players split into 2 teams, arrows or snowballs spawn in the middle, once a player is hit they’re out, the last person/people standing from the winning team get 3 stars, if you’re on the winning team but out you get 2 stars, if you were the last person standing from the loosing team you get 1 star.

Team PVP Challenge: could be a little chaotic but players split into 2 teams, everyone has leather armour dyed their team colour and a sword, star distribution would be similar to that stated in dodgeball.

Quick note to say I'd be happy making maps for any of these games if ever they were to be accepted, if that is of any help.

Powerups:

Animal Race: remove jump it’s a joke of a powerup. Also, could just be my ping but nausea does absolutely nothing when it’s used on me.

Cake Gunner: multi shot maybe?

Diamond Mine: Some sort of hot and cold tracker bar to tell you when you’re near an ore.

Falling Sand: jump boost, makes no sense to me that Ghast Ball has it but Falling Sand doesn’t.

Hot TNT: enderpearl potentially, but could be too op.

KOTH: anti knock back maybe, again could be too op.

Lasertag: No cool down on the gun for a period of time.

Musical Minecarts: speed boost

Snowball Fight: Unlimited snowballs, not for the whole game though, that’d be far too over powered.

Where’s Wally: credit to Fireshadow007 idea from previous post, add a glowing effect, a compass pointing to the villager, or a hot and cold bar like I suggested for diamond mine.

Extra Thoughts

1. Add more parkour to the lobbies; kinda irrelevant suggestion but the party parkour is so short and boring to be honest, I'd like a little more variety.
    2. Make it possible to buy tags, chat colours, the italic/ bold effect for your name, or crates containing these items with coins earned in game. Depending on how difficult it is to implement, there could be different themed crates every month. From my understanding, the only way to access crates is with irl money, so feel free to make the crates decently expensive with in game coins.
    3. Tournaments; I really really enjoy the party tournaments, so make them happen more often! I’m not an organiser so idk how difficult it is to arrange them, but they’re very enjoyable and I think making them a regular thing could bring in new players and keep old ones coming back. Secondly, I’d like to see a team tournament, where players have to work together in teams of two or three to get a combined score in mini games.
    4. I might be wrong but back on the old party I remember in games like horse race a players position was under their ign like 1st, 2nd, etc. I know it's a random thing to like but it was fun to see how far you were behind/needed to catch up, so maybe implement this for wipeout, animal race, riptide, rainbow jump and boat race.

I know that new games means a lot of coding and development so yeah again these are just ideas that I thought I would share for fun.

• Like Like x 1
    #1 overneo, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
  2. Axe_the_Miner

Ratings:
    +0
    I like all of the suggestions stated above other than the unlimited snow ball powerup. could you clarify more on Terra Swoop Force? I've never heard of it before.

3. overneo

overneo Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Terra Swoop Force is basically where you have an elytra and have to get through a tunnel without hitting any obstacles. Having a mini game with an elytra in at least would be cool, but I couldn't think of anything other than the tunnel course.

4. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    Terra Swoop Force - how would this work?
    Space hopper - sounds like a map variant for Rainbow Jump
    Projectile Tag - this sounds like OITC, Snowball fight, and Lasertag, but an elimiation game
    Musical Miimicry - :smile:
    Bingo - :smile:
    Dropper - I want this too, but the biggest problem is the complexity and number of maps required to make a quality varienty just takes alot of time to do.

Team Games - :smile:

Powerups
    Animal Race - those are items, not powerups, but they do need some reworking
    Cake Gunner - :smile:
    Diamond Mine - the only problem with this one, is that the ores are generated when a player breaks a block that's next to it. I'm not a dev, but I think that system would have to be rewritten to accomodate something like this.
    Hot Tnt - too op, but it would be hilarious to juke out goombas with this
    KOTH - hax
    Lasertag - sounds op, but maybe for a period of 3-5 seconds
    Musical Minecarts - idk about this one, eh why not
    Snowball fight - I don't really feel like this is necessary since it's easy to reload.
    Where's Wally - I brought this up in August and everyone downvoted it

Other things
    1. true
    2. :smile:
    3. umm I have a life and it gets busy, ty.
    4. :smile:

5. overneo

overneo Active Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Mb about terra swoop force I thought it was a fairly popular and well known game but ig not, I'll add a description of the game to my post. All of your other critiques are definitely thoughts that I also had in the back of my mind, especially for Projectile Tag and the KOTH pu which is basically just free points lol.

6. Kobaltsar

Kobaltsar Active Member
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +27
    A team Party event is an idea I've had for an event that I'd like to see, my thoughts are that we could have some sign ups in the Party Discord for whoever you want to team with for the event beforehand and we assign whoever didn't do so to a team if they showup without one. The highest placings teams in combined stars get the prizes.

In terms of events, we try to do one about once a month because they're accompanied by prizes that can usually be found on the Brawl store so we don't want to give away too much of that. Also, events have more of a special feeling if they're not too common rather than pushing out a ton of them.

I remember this now, I had totally forgotten. This actually would be nice to have added back.

• Agree Agree x 1