1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Archer Rework

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Ringwrather, Nov 23, 2021.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Ringwrather

Ringwrather Active Member

Ratings:
    +21
    So as we all know archer may be a bit annoying with its ability to instakill anyone 30+ blocks away. So here is my idea for a rework on the archer.

Armor:
    - Chain helmet
    - Chain chest plate
    - Chain leggings
    - Chain Boots

Ability 1:
    The main ability will be the longer the bow is held back the more damage it will do (will be able to instakill). This will make it so archer is a bit less spammy and you have to get your shot just right.

Ability 2:
    For every hit the archer gets with the bow (must be fully charged) they gain some mana and when they reach max manna if they left click with the bow they will go into what I would like to call "Archer Rage" In this form, they have x seconds where they can instakill anyone from 30+ blocks no matter how long they have held back their bow.

Pros:
    - Archer will take more skill
    - Archer will be less spammy

Cons:
    - Archer will be harder to learn
    - Archer may be used less (may be too weak)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. quinox_

quinox_ Ex-Ex-Builder, Nub+

Ratings:
    +49
    This seems like it would only penalize new players or those who are just bad... like me :smile:. But besides that, it makes the archer worthless for the most part if there person has time to just keep running until they are gone. The window for a shot is not all that long if the other player is mindful of just avoiding the open. As for spammy bow, the only really annoying one is at short range, which is not fixed by this since they can still fire weak arrows pretty much indefinitely in short succession. Personally I would just do one or the other but doing both 30+ and waiting is just over nerfted. If it were hold for insta kill at any distance maybe, but now it is also just confusing to learn a base class.