1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Raid Reset- The Return of 1.8

Discussion in 'Raid' started by AnonymousGalaxy, Jan 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. AnonymousGalaxy

AnonymousGalaxy Raid Manager | Manager of Managing | Legacy

Ratings:
    +344
    [​IMG]

@Raiders,

After much discussion and deliberation with our community, we have decided to fully revert Raid back to 1.8! We are excited and proud to go back to our roots and bring our players an experience that they enjoyed so much in the past. This will bring back what players loved so much about our classic gamemode -- action-packed PvP, competitive tracking, and a hardcore experience like never before. Without further ado, here's everything you need to know about next map.

☰ What

For the reset, the world you have PvPed in, made your bases in, tracked & raided in will be replaced by a fresh, new world, full of new possibilities. This means all bases, items, warps, teams, and gold will be gone with the reset.

You will not keep anything but your player rank! In addition to this, some big changes are coming out in the new map - See below.

For those players who are new to Raid, or Hardcore Survival servers, here is a shortlist of Raid's features:
    • The ability to track other players by building trackers
    • A shop to sell any kind of item to other players
    • Mob stacking to simplify experience farms and reduce lag
    • A custom spawn with protection to provide an environment for players to meet and prepare for PvP
    • The ability to capture mobs with eggs and levels
    • A weekly KOTH Event
    • The ability to change spawners to different mob types with dragon eggs
    • Fish for days!
    ☰ When

Date: Saturday, January 8th

Time: 6PM UTC / 2PM EST / 1PM CST / 11AM PST / 8PM CEST

☰ Map info
    • Overworld border: 10k
    • Nether border: 10k
    • End border: Vanilla - Resets every day
    • Team cap: 5 (max 6)
    • Spawn Theme: Classic 1.8 Ocean Spawn bb

☰ What's New?

While reverting back presents its own challenges and Raid as a whole has evolved since then, we have tried our best to maintain some of the new additions. With that, we have kept team challenges and rewards, playtime keys, and koth rewards.

We have decided to go back to our classic 1.8 Ocean Spawn.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    We have made some changes to KOTH rewards to increase participation and competition. Please give us feedback on these rewards on Discord.​
    • 20% - Two God Sets + Swords (Dia P4/Unbreaking III & Sharp V, fire aspect II, looting III, unbreaking III)
    • 15% - Tool Set (All diamond - Eff V, unbreaking III, fortune III pickaxe; Eff V, sharp V, unbreaking III axe; pick of containment; Decapitator God sword)
    • 15% - Tracker Set (Five stacks of obsidian, two stacks of iron blocks, four emerald blocks, one gold block, and one emerald block)
    • 15% - Money Bags (exact same but replace elytra with 128 emeralds)
    • 15% - Triple God Set
    • 15% - Key set (36 playtime keys, 12 team challenge keys)
    • 5% - Two Koth Keys
    Furthermore, here are the platforms we will be using this map.
    Swamp
    [​IMG]
    Icy
    [​IMG]
    Forest
    [​IMG]
    Desert
    [​IMG]
    We have also buffed feasts and reduced their frequency to once a day at 6PM EST.
    Rewards​
    • 32 Diamonds
    • 16 Iron Blocks
    • 64 Gold
    • 32 Gold
    • 1 Beacon
    • 1 Auto Smelter
    • 1 Pickaxe of Containment
    • 2 Dragon Egg
    • Fortune III book x 2
    • Protection IV book x 2
    • Unbreaking III book x 2
    • Depth strider III
    • 128 Obsidian
    • 64 Emeralds
    • Bedrock Hoe
    • 2 Enchanted Gapples
    • 24 Playtime Keys
    • 1 Team Challenge Key
    We have decided to implement a new way to redeem vote token rewards on Raid. To increase vote participation and keep things as balanced as possible on this map we have introduced Raid Tokens. Raid tokens work the same way as vote tokens except every player will start with a balance of 0 and they will reset every map so that no player can save up and ruin the economy. You will also receive normal vote tokens as well, you just won't be able to use them to purchase raid rewards. We have adjusted vote prices to reflect this as well. They are as follows​
    • 64 Experience Bottles - 40
    • 64 Iron Ingots - 40
    • 5 Sponges - 50
    • 32 Gold Ingots - 50
    • 16 Diamonds - 50
    • 64 Emeralds - 60
    • Temp tracker set (Enchanted obsidian) - Contains 12 obsidian, 24 stone, two stacks of cobblestone - 50
    • 1 Mooshroom Egg - 100
    • 1 Skeleton Horse Egg - 50
    • Enchantment Books
    • Depth Strider I - 10
    • Depth Strider III - 40
    • Sharpness I - 10
    • Sharpness III - 40
    • Sharpness V - 160
    • Protection I - 15
    • Protection IV - 120
    • Power I - 10
    • Power III - 40
    • Power V - 160
    • Infinity I - 80
    • Flame II - 80
    • Fortune I - 40
    • Fortune II - 80
    • Fortune III - 160
    • Silk Touch - 70
    • Unbreaking I - 30
    • Unbreaking II - 60
    • Unbreaking III - 120
    • Efficiency I - 10
    • Efficiency III - 40
    • Efficiency V - 160
    Ranked players will also get more tokens per vote.
    VIP - 15
    MVP - 15
    ELITE - 20
    We have made the following quality of life changes.​
    • Playtime key time will now only be tracked if you are not AFK (must move within 5 minutes).
    • Removed all 1.9+ items from shop, rewards, etc.
    • Maintaining vanilla 1.8 enchanting and villager mechanics.
    • The combat timer will have the following values:
      - Default: 30
      - Sponge: 120
      - Travel boots: 90

☰ End of the Map

As usual, we will be hosting pop-up events and doing giveaways to lead up to the new map. Join our Discord here to stay updated on the latest happenings.

Other than that, we have tried to keep this map as consistent as possible will our old maps so that our players can enjoy it to its fullest extent and appreciate the nostalgia that is Classic Raid. Let us know what you think and continue to give us feedback on our Discord.

We look forward to seeing you on 1.8 Raid/McPvP!

Thank you,
    ~ Raid Staff Team :brawl:

• Like x 2
    • ELITE Honor x 2
    • VIP Honor x 1
    • MVP Honor x 1
    • Mod Honor x 1
    #1 AnonymousGalaxy, Jan 2, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2022
  2. Tuumai

Tuumai Raid Sub-Manager

Ratings:
    +111
    Alright after fully reading this I have some questions and opinions. ''Removed all 1.9+ items from shop, rewards, etc.'' but still travel boots are mentioned on combat timer and on feasts rewards so will they be added for 1.8?

My opinion on koth areas that they are not friendly for pvping, they need to be flat.

32g tokens per day for voting is in my opinion little too much. Decrease to 16 would be way nicer, but reading there's gonna be reset on tokens gives me a relief.

I still think team cap should be higher than 5/6.

About koth rewards I think you get way too much stuff. 20% chance of getting 2 sets of p4 doesn't sound good when there's already problems that p4 armor doesn't have value.

Is there gonna be gapple cooldown at all?

• MVP Honor MVP Honor x 1
  3. Twhat

Twhat Professional Tracker

Ratings:
    +36
    Remove trackers in nether.

If you knew anything about tracking, you would know why

4. BrosBeforeHoes_

BrosBeforeHoes_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230
    Finally the rebirth of 1.8. Hope it goes well. Also i agree with tuumai, 32g is alot.

5. jum

jum Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60
    Glad to see this return.

Sadly it seems the problems with P4 will not be changed, so are some of the issues like lag during fights/koths, and the ability to bring multiple sets without much of a setback going to be resolved for this map?

6. LilVer

LilVer uzi

Ratings:
    +3
    i like 1.8 <3

7. Sensei_Tomato

Sensei_Tomato Member

Ratings:
    +1
    1.8 is back babyyy

8. lilunsteady

lilunsteady Active Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Discord:
    Ahlex#6808
    I do like this

9. Buzzy357

Buzzy357 Hurry and drain your tears so we can fight.

Ratings:
    +97
    Discord:
    Buzzy357#6198
    way too much op gear im seeing right away. Koth rewards are WAY too Op. i understand you wanna have everyone be encouraged to participate, however the rewards seem way too much. the rich get richer.

EVERY koth map is beautiful. however, they must be flat, thats not a very pvp friendly area.

32-16g like tuumai said

dont care what anyone says. I STRONGLY believe travel boots should be removed. they make the vanilla aspect of chasing a target not vanilla.

Other than that. ill 100% have to check this map out for the nostalgia. you guys did sum right for once! Kudos!!

10. Tigerphoenix3

Tigerphoenix3 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Aren't travel boots disabled in pvp? I don't have a set this map, but they didn't work in pvp last map