1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Denied DEADLY_JOHN's Build Application

Discussion in 'Denied' started by DEADLY_JOHN, Mar 28, 2022.

?

Should I build on brawl?

1. yes

60.0%
  2. no

40.0%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. DEADLY_JOHN

DEADLY_JOHN New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Minecraft Username - DEADLY_JOHN
    Timezone - Us Eastern

Would you consider yourself experienced with WorldEdit? Why? - I just started using world edit about 7 months ago because I bought a rank on a server when it was 75% off and got access to it. (It was a pretty sweet deal) I've been using it a lot since and have learned how to use it in many scenarios. I'd say I'm used to it and can handle myself but still have a lot to learn. I've been educating myself on it so that I can use it in builds and Lately, when I build on singleplayer worlds, I find it difficult not having it.
    Would you consider yourself experienced with VoxelSniper? Why? - I am not experienced with VoxelSniper. I haven't used it before but I plan on watching a bunch of tutorials and testing it out on my own in a couple minutes. I've seen other people use it before so I know what it's about and the general things you can do with it, and it looks like it makes life a lot easer, so I'm prepared to learn.

How active would you be on Brawl's Build Team? (A couple hours per week, one hour per day, etc.) -
    Why do you want to join Brawl's Build Team? - Well I'm still in high school, so I'd probably be most active around breaks, the weekend, etc. Most likely a couple hours per week except for the months of late Aprial and early may when we have exams.

What would you consider your greatest strength with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - I'm really good with detailing and Houses/other buildings. I'm very good at building houses and buildings and finding a cool block palette that looks interesting to the eye. I wouldn't call myself an expert on terraforming but I'm good enough at it to be able to take natural terrain and add more blocks to it in patterns/shades that aren't in vanilla terrain generation but make it look like it very well could be. I'm alright with trees, I've never really found it that important in my builds, but I can make custom ones relatively well. I also know how to use some features like the debug stick to make builds look better in ways that you can't do in survival minecraft.
    What would you consider your greatest weakness with building? (Detailing, Terraforming, Houses, Trees, Statues, etc.) - Actually it's the big picture of the build, or where to start. If I don't put a lot of planning into it before I start building it's difficult to see the big picture. I can think of every little detail possible that would make a build look better, but it's hard to get an image of the baseline of the build itself.

List any previous experience you have with building - My friend was going to host a pvp server called AmberPvP, and I was having a great time building maps. I built a desert map that I really liked, a tundra map that I really liked, as well as a pipes map, a treehouse map, and several more. In total I made 7 sumo maps, 4 normal maps and 2 archery maps. I had a great experience but the other staff members weren't doing much to help the server and most of the admins were leaning on me to make maps and it got really stressful so I quit. I don't think the server has even launched yet even though it's been a month since, their staff team was just really incompetent.

Pictures: (Include as many pictures of your builds as you can. If you do not include pictures, your application will be automatically denied. When possible, include proof that the builds are your own.) I'm not sure how to do this so I think I'll just make a sign next to them that says built by DEADLY_JOHN, but for some of the old ones like from AmberPvp all I can provide is a screenshot from a while ago.
    Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.27.13 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.28.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.29.34 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.31.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.32.19 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.33.18 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.34.04 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.36.30 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.36.49 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 4.38.44 PM.png
    sadly, all my favorites are just not sending so I'll try to put them somewhere else.
    Please insert a Yes / No poll below.

2. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    Hey DEADLY_JOHN,

Thank you for showing interest in our build team! While we think you have some pretty good builds and have the minute details, we also think some of your builds are generic. If inspiration if your downfall, take some from the world around you. Also, please include a large project built on our server in your application, and try experimenting with a range of styles.

Denied. Please reapply in at least one month.