1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Not capitalizing more fpsHG was probably a big missed opportunity in retrospect.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by HereCreepers, Aug 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. HereCreepers

HereCreepers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117
    I mean the old fpsHG with the WarZ-esq gun/healing system. I feel that it managed to strike a great balance of accessibility and competitiveness where it incorporated the skill-based PvP gameplay of WarZ (aka, the only thing that WarZ actually had going for it) while avoiding the massive hurdle that the looting system and inherent team-based nature that made the gamemode impossible for the average solo whitename to get into. This is obviously looking at the mode through heavily rose-tinted glasses since I'm sure the mode had a ton of issues that I never really picked up on during its tragically short life, but I genuinely think it was probably the most well-rounded and accessible gun-based PvP mode that Brawl had at the time.

It also had the benefit of being unique since to my knowledge, there was no other HG-style gun PvP server online at that period. That combined with the sudden rise of the Battle Royal genre around that time makes me think that maybe, just maybe, the mode could have popped off and propelled the server into a new golden age or something.

• VIP Honor VIP Honor x 1
  2. rmure

rmure Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304
    minecraft died in general tbh it doesn't matter if brawl *did* maintain any of their old modes because there's no more interest in anything that isn't bedwars or op prison upstart #85816093 with arkham network priced ranks