1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Ender's Guide/Tips for PVP Survival

Discussion in 'Archive' started by _The_Ender_Boss_, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. _The_Ender_Boss_

_The_Ender_Boss_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273
    -=Ender's Guide/Tips for PVP Survival=-
    Hey guys. I decided to make a thread with general tips to have a better experience in PVP Survival server. Here are they:

[​IMG]

-=TRUST=-

As you may know, one of the main points of the server is teams. Teams are quite useful for building, getting resources and fighting. However, there are some things you need to have in mind when making your team. For example, ONLY recruit people you trust. If you don't do it you may recruit someone who wants to steal your stuff, grief your base, of he may send your coords to other teams. Remember that just because someone seems cool, doesn't mean they are. I recommend trying to know someone better before letting them into your team. TS3 is a good tool for doing it!

[​IMG]

-=ENCHANT BOOKS, NOT ITEMS=-

One of the worst things about survival is to enchant a sword with level 30 and get Bane of Arthropods IV. To have some control over what enchantments you get, my tip is to enchant books with level 1 each. After that, you can use an anvil to combine the books and apply them to your items. This is much safer than just enchanting your items directly in the enchantment table and can be used to get god items.

*Remember: Enchantments stack from 1 to 1. Example: Protection II + Protection II = Protection III, not Protection IV.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-=SOUP IS THE KEY=-

Every good PvPer knows mushroom soup/stew is a good way to heal quickly in lot's of different servers. In this one it's useful too. Mushroom stew heals you up to 7 health (3.5 hearts) and if your health is full, it heals your hunger by 6 (3 hearts) like it normally would. Also, here, mushroom stew can be made with things other than mushrooms! (wat) (Cactus, Coco Beans, Carrot, Potato, Melon, Pumpkin) Make sure to always have some of these with you for Pvp for quick healing in-battle.

[​IMG]

-=TRACKING FOR DEFENSE (AND ATTACK)=-

In this server we have an unique tracking system which has hundreds of possibilities if you master it. The tracker is basically a cross in the ground with an emerald block in the middle and gold in the 4 sides. If you put iron block between the gold and the emerald, you increase the tracking range by 50 blocks for each iron block. The tracker shows the name and the direction of people within it's range. It can be used for both attack and defense purposes, as I'll show below:

Attack: The tracker can be a good base finding tool. if you take a simple tracker with you, (4 gold blocks, 1 emerald block) you can put it down in lot's of places until you find a base.

Defense: Having a tracker in the center of your base is very useful to know if someone is building a base near you or trying to raid you. Make sure to have a tracker with some iron blocks and to track with it (Standing on the emerald block and doing /track) every time possible.

[​IMG]

-=NO ABOVE GROUND BASES=-

This server is full of players and teams. By building an above ground or easy to find base you are almost asking to be raided. The safest choice is to build an underground base, or wherever you feel like no one will ever find you.

[​IMG]

-=TROLL THE TROLLS=-

Unfortunately, it's impossible to get rid of all the x-rayers of the server. But there is a way to hide your chests in a way that make their work harder. The main point of x-ray hacks is to locate ores and lava. Putting your chest under/in the middle of a lava lake or coal ore vein will make so x-rayers wont see it. Just do this until we ban them! :wink:

[​IMG]

-=BE CAREFUL AT SPAWN=-

Our spawn offers you spawn protection like the spawn of pretty much any other server. If you cross the Pvp line, you lose it and people are able to hit you and you to hit them. Everything perfectly normal till here. However, if you cross the line again back to spawn, you wont get your spawn protection back, and people will be able to hit you even if they are out of the pvp zone. (They will lose their spawn protection too if they hit you) Be careful when at spawn, you don't want to get caught off-guard like I did in my first time in the server.

[​IMG]

-=DON'T SAVE GOLD IN CHESTS=-

Gold ingots are the currency of the server. If you store them on a chest, they are gone if you get raided and you are poor. Use the /deposit command to safely store them in a way they cannot be stolen. Take a look at all the shop commands here.

[​IMG]

-=POTIONS=-

If you are familiar to Pvp servers, you are probably aware that people who don't use potions most likely lose all fights they are in. Potions are extremely important for fighting other players.They can be used to perform powerful combos that will make it easy for you to kill people with way better gear than yours. Some Combos below:

Bomber: This combo is meant to give you a health advantage over your enemy so you can safely finish him with an iron or diamond sword.
    Hit your enemy with a Splash Potion of Poison and start throwing potions of harming II (I suggest you use at least 3 of these). After that you will have a good advantage and will be able to finish him off with you sword. (Be sure not to hit yourself with the potions!)

Soldier: This combo is meant to give you an advantage so you can kill someone with gear like yours or a bit better than yours.
    Drink a Potion of Strenght II and a Potion of Regeneration I or II. If your enemy has Fire Aspect, drink a Potion of Fire Resistance I. Then attack. The potion effects will give you a fair advantage over him and make it easy for you to kill him.

Archer: This combo is made for people who like using bows to kill other players.
    Drink a Potion of Speed II and get close to your enemy. Hit him with a Potion of Slowness and start running. He wont be able to get close to you and you will have lot's of space to shoot him with your bow. If he starts shooting you too you can simply dodge his arrows, since you have speed.

(More Combos Soon)

[​IMG]

-=CREDITS=-

Thanks to The McBrawl Team for creating the server.
    Thanks to chickenputty for the Official PVP Survival Guide.

[​IMG]

I plan to make some more tips and update this guide from time to time. Thanks for your attention and I hope I helped. be sure to show what you think of this post with a rating or comment. See you guys online!

• Useful Useful x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    #1 _The_Ender_Boss_, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2015
  2. Piky

Piky Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,539
    This guide is really going to help me and lots of others too :3
    Great guide!

3. _The_Ender_Boss_

Ratings:
    +273
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. jakob243

jakob243 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +95
    Really useful, and great tips. I, as a decently experienced player, have known about all of them, but this is great for people starting out.

5. VforVenom

VforVenom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +187
    Very good guide. Has a lot of different topics that will definitely help out new players. A few things that I recommend, is if you possibly go more in depth on some topics, actually explaining exactly what you mean. Also you should include pictures for things that require them to demonstrate what you're explaining. Otherwise great guide.

6. _The_Ender_Boss_

Ratings:
    +273
    Cool, nice you liked it!
    Thanks Venom. I'll make sure to make the topics more descriptive and I'll try to add pics soon :wink:

7. Lord_Roke

Lord_Roke Forever the Forums Watchdog
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +3,225
    Good work!

8. _The_Ender_Boss_

Ratings:
    +273
    Thanks!

9. GlobalistCuck

GlobalistCuck Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +994
    A very useful guide, I look forward to using it when I play the new server for the first time.

10. _The_Ender_Boss_

Ratings:
    +273
    Surely an unique experience. You will like it :wink:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. teawithchoco

teawithchoco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +844
    I think your forgot one of the most important section of the server: potions. They can help you a lot in different situations

12. _The_Ender_Boss_

Ratings:
    +273
    It's kinda known by everyone, but I'll try to cover it when I update the post to add more stuff :wink:

13. Carsonn

Carsonn #1 WarZ Looter

Ratings:
    +523
    Discord:
    Carson#2211
    Nice guide! I like this one because instead of giving the basic facts, there are some really useful tips that could really help! +1 from me :smile:

14. _The_Ender_Boss_

Ratings:
    +273
    Thanks!
    Updated: January/12/2014
    -Added Pictures.
    -Added more detail to existing topics.
    -Added "Potions" topic.

15. Sir_Blockalots

Sir_Blockalots Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +437
    Detailed, and impeccably presented! Great job!

16. _The_Ender_Boss_

Ratings:
    +273
    Thanks! :grinning:

17. MrDasky

MrDasky Veteran

Ratings:
    +539
    Very useful guide! Now I know how to use a tracker for last. :smile: Thank you!

EDIT: 100 posts!

18. _The_Ender_Boss_

Ratings:
    +273
    I'm happy you liked it. Also, congrats for your 100 posts!

19. Arkrex

Arkrex Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +266
    Incredible!
    I've been playing for over two years, and I never knew that you could make soup with different herbs.
    :V

20. VforVenom

VforVenom Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +187
    It's a plugin for the server, you cant do that in regular minecraft...