1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Trickshotting on MC-War - History, Standarts, Tips & Tricks and more

Discussion in 'Guides' started by onik, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. onik

onik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141
    Trickshotting on MC-War - History, Standarts, Tips & Tricks
    by onik2011
    Hey guys,
    I am Onik and most of you should probably know me as the winner of the trickshot contest but also as one of the "old" players. I joined MC-War around September 2012 and I always enjoyed sniping with the old barret: Just camping on one side of Beaver and getting random kills and an emp was probably the best thing ever for a level 20! :grinning:

Before the prestige guns came out and the old barret was OSK, "sniping" was not as big as it is today. But in 2013 sniping started to become popular on MC-War. Not only because sniping became a HUGE thing in CoD itself, because the popular sniping clans like FaZe, Obey, SoaR, Optic, etc. grew extremly in popularity, but also because famous players where know for their really good sniping skills.
    Sniping on MC-War is hard. Lag and some minecraft mechanics made it pretty hard to go well against autos and shotguns if you weren't a really good player who could anticipate the movement of enemy players and also consider the lag.

But as time went on more and more players started to snipe and more and more were getting better and better at sniping. Just look at the sniping montages at the famous players back then: Just standing in a long hallway with their newly aquired Dissasembler, spamming bullets and getting insane feeds! That was amazing back then! Now compare them to the montages today! People rushing with a sniper, going flawless with a sniper in ffa and trickshotting.

Yes, trickshotting is slowly becoming a new trend on MC-War, but it wasn't born by the famous players. It was born in the underground and is now lifted by the "gods" of MC-War. But the problem is the "gods" don't know much about it, they did not set the rules ... .

The first trickshots on MC-War were performed for fun and just for the looks: @marcel18167 made probably the first "trickshot" montage! As you can some of them are not even trickshots or close to standarts today but a simple 360 with a quickscope in your montage and BOOM the likes are falling from the sky like raindrops. Noone ever thought of "going complex" like in the real CoD or even trying it. It's the same with trickshotting and sniping on MC-War: Lag, some minecraft mechanics and the no-scope precision make it EXTEMLY HARD to trickshot. But it was possible as people saw in the official trickshot contest in May 2014.

This trickshot contest was my chance to show something pretty much noone had tried before: Hitting a real trickshot in MC-War. I started trickshotting in January 2014, because my hopes for MC-War 2.0 totally died and I wanted to do something cool and different, something not many people tried before. I started really simple and it was just for fun. I only tried to hit like an no-scope 720 on specific maps with really high spots. It never worked out really well but I was ambitious and wanted to hit something cool.

I never tried hard untill I heard of the trickshot contest hosted by @Giggadream . That was my chance to show something noone ever did before! During the contest I met @PanemMC who was also really interested in making trickshotting and sniping popular on MC-War, we created a small group out of players who got some nice shots. We practiced together and talked about different cool ways of hitting good shots.
    At this point we were probably the only ones really talking about trickshotting, pretty much everyone, who was really interested in trickshotting, was in our group, which were 5-7 members. Noone of them was famous or popular on the forums. But there were also people in the contest who hit really good shots, but they never kept going trickshotting, they just did it for the contest. It was @PanemMC and me left.( I could be wrong at this point, because I haven't seen anyone talking or posting any trickshots in the summer after the contest again, please correct me if I am wrong.)

However, in past few months I saw more and more people on MC-War talking about trickshotting and they are even doing trickshot montages! Some of the clips are amazing but others are not great, even if they get ultra-liked and hyped. I love that trickshotting is getting popular but hate it that people are hyping ****. Not the right people are getting the right recognition. The standarts for trickshots were set ages ago when noone cared about it, so do not even try to sell your 360-sponge launch as the best trickshot ever. And this is what this post will be pretty much all about: Standarts.
    (dat introduction, my teacher would be proud of me, jk)

Skill
    Trickshotting in general is the perfect way to combine skill and creativity in a FPS game. A trickshot is a piece of art combined with deep knowledge and understanding of the game. A trickshot needs to look good and express the skill level of a person. There is a lot of luck involved in a trickshot, but a skilled person will hit shots more often. I will explain the reason now:
    Trickshots look much more smoother when trying a no-scope, so most of the time you will try to no-scope. The problem is that when no-scoping, your bullet won't go straight out of your barrel in the direction your pointing, most of the time it's completly random. You need to practice a lot for a shot, because a good trickshotter is just waiting for this one time when his bullet goes straight out of the barrel and he hits the shot. A good trickshoter would always hit his target if the bullet went in to the direction he was aiming. This is the skill involved in trickshoting, everything else is just trying other and other untill the moment comes when the bullet goes straight which is not that rare. A good trickshotter does not depend on luck, but it is possible that he is lucky enough to hit someone without the bullet going straight.

Luck
    If someone who started trickshotting yesterday and hit an insane smooth shot. He was lucky and that doesn't make his shot bad at all. It's not about how lucky he was. If the trickshots looks bad, it's a bad trickshot even if he had insane luck (More about that in "Standarts"). Of corse there are some exceptions to this...

I have been trickshotting for a year now and I have a pretty good understanding of it. @PanemMC and me had been talking about what makes a good trickshot good and what is a bad trickshot. This is called the "standart" if you do better than it you are good and otherwise and everything in the middle is just "standart". A trickshot can be rated by deviding it in elements and rating the required skill level to perform this with the considiration of the linking of the elements. The following classified list of elements is purely my opinion and stuff that I discussed with @PanemMC, but when you look at the history of trickshotting, you won't find anyone else who could make one. BUT if you are or were trickshotting I would be really happy to consider your opinions! It depends on the community if they want to accept this "rule set" and use it as a guide line. I hope that this way I can achive that MCBrawl's community can enjoy much more amazing trickshots and that trickshotting will became a new big trend on MC-War! This is why feedback is really appreciated! So lets start with a small list of poeple you can seriosly talk about if you have question about trickshotting.

Masters - The only poeple that I know who are trickshotting right now and hit better than standart. (Please tell me if you think that you are one of them too, this list is not completed)
    @PanemMC - He deserved more than the 8th place in the trickshot contest. He probably started everything.
    @mafiaferret - Legend. Just started trickshotting and is hitting amazing legit shots! Check out his montage!
    @onik2011 - Won the trickshot contest and answers you any question about trickshotting!

Advanced - Players who are interested in trickshotting and are on a good way to the top or have great potencial (Please tell me if you think that you are one of them too, this list is not completed)
    @tallscot
    @_Andoconda
    @Riley20029
    @minecaftdisaster
    @buddycrack
    @tippertopper
    @colaijo
    @specknav
    @Monollyth
    @jakob112
    @Gynamo

Rating System
    • | - - | definitly below standart - don't even bother to talk about
    • | - | below standart - don't even upload
    • | O | standart - you can share it with your friends
    • | + | above standart - something the community would like to see!
    • | ++ | highly above standart - This is what the community wants too see!

Range:
    • Long range ("Cross-Map") - target not visible | O | Unussual / Random
    • Long range ("Cross-Map") - target visible | +++ | Definitly high above standart
    • Close range - 10+ blocks | ++| Stadart
    • Close range - 5-10 blocks | + | Standart
    • Drop-on - 1-3 block range | -- | Below Standart
    Style:
    • Small Drop from higher position - ~3 blocks | ++ | Good for practice, not many things you can do
    • Normal Drop - 3-10 blocks | ++ | Perfect height for a smooth shot
    • High Drop - 10+ | + | Good height to "go complex"
    • Super High Drop - 25+ | O | Only above standart when height is used well for complex shot
    • Sponge Launch - | ---------------------------| Only above standart when smooth, complex and perfect

The following standalone elements are below standart: 180, 360, weapon swap, no-scope
    Here is a list of elements and their rating when used in a "complex" trickshot.

Spins:
    • 180 | + |
    • 360 | O |
    • 480 | +|
    • 720 | + |
    • 1080 | ++ |
    • 1080+ - if not precise | -- |
    • 1080+ - if precise | ++ |
    Swaps & Switches:
    • starting trickshot with any other selected equipment/gun than primary | O |
    • starting with primary | - |
    • switching weapon/equipment - mid air - | + |
    • switching weapon/equipment - before jump/drop | O / + | Depends on how performed (fast and presize?)
    • switching weapons in inventory - | ++ | Switching weapon by switching their position in hotbar
    • grabing weapon from inventory - | ++ |
    Equipment:
    • throwing throwable - before jump/drop - | + |
    • throwing throwable - mid air - | ++ |
    • using c4 - placement before jump/drop - | + |
    • using c4 - placement and detonation before jump/drop - | ++ |
    • using c4 - placement e.g. on wall mid air - | +++ |
    • using c4 - placement and detonation mid air - | ++++ |
    • hitting with tomahawk too - | ++ / +++ | Depends on distance to target
    Extras:
    • Block-hit with knife - | + | Just looks fancy
    • Kill with knife - mid air - | ++ |
    • horizontal spin >> vertical spin
    • standarts for tomahawk trickshots are reall low right now
    • standarts for shotgun trickshots are higher than sniper trickshots
    • the type of the sniper doesn't make the shot worser, only better
    Something I forgot:
    • will add later - | -- |

More Tips & Tricks coming soon...

This thread is not completly done yet and I am looking for as much feedback as possible and your opinions on what the standarts are. Please keep in mind that this is currently my own opinion but I really want to add things from the whole community!

Thanks for reading and happy trickshotting!

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 2
    • Useful x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Winner x 1
    #1 onik, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  2. SoMuchWinning

SoMuchWinning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568
    Time to grab the model and to do some 420's.
    Nice guide, but what is your opinion on pistol trickshots?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. onik

onik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141
    You are fast at reading! :grinning:

Pistols are always a good choice, because they are something different, but the standarts are much higher because the no-scope accurancy is pretty high and you can spam them.

4. SoMuchWinning

SoMuchWinning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,568
    Usp .45 trickshots are at a low standard as well? Since I have been kind of experimenting.

5. onik

onik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141
    Noone ever hit one, so you can go and be the first one (maybe @tdaddy14)! But only that the usp doesn't do much damage that doesn't mean your trickshot is automaticaly good, so I think that you are really close to the sniper standarts here.

6. King_Daan

King_Daan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +567
    Wow, nice thread!
    I loved to read it. :smile:

7. YeezyLaces

YeezyLaces Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591
    I am glad that Mc-War trickshoting is easier than real Call Of Duty because in real Call Of duty. In real Call Of Duty there is Gnack swaps, Instaswaps, ladder stalls, Equipment like Black hat, shock charge, etc
    The standards are also allot higher. If you do anything worse than a 720 instaswap no one would like it.
    If you want to know anything more, ask @Gynamo he should know more about it than I do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ButterMuffin112

ButterMuffin112 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +105
    I never knew that people took trick shooting that seriously.

9. Gynamo

Gynamo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +796
    This was a good guide, but honestly i think you "overdid it". Trickshotting is mostly luck, even if you aim directly at the enemy and no-scope, your most likely not going to hit. The thing that takes skill is doing complex combinations, and those do not exist in minecraft. In minecraft you can swap weapons, zoom in, punch in the air and well that's basically it. On COD though you can actually do complex things like fake titty nacs with a overkill bolt action class, or a hybrid nac swap etc which are a lot harder to do as you have to get the different delays just right, and you can only use 4 fingers to make these combinations, where on PC you can use all 10. And in COD, you need to hit it in the and suicide spots are preferred. That means that you only have one chance to hit it in an entire game.

10. marcel18167

marcel18167 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +241
    I am not sure but this was my first trickshot montage and I even think one of the first trickshot videos of mc-war.

... The last trickshot is a one in a million hit xD
    I killed hem and he killed me both trickshoted each other.

11. onik

onik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141
    Yeah, I overdid on purpose.

And I made two paragraphs about luck and skill. They explain everything. But please keep in mind that I am only talking about trickshotting on MC-War. It has differences to CoD but there are thousands of different things you can do in Minecraft which you can't in CoD: Creativity is the key.
    btw you have ~6-8 chances in one SnD game and you only go for it after you practiced well enough and this is difinitly something you couldn't do that well in MC-War.

These were exactly the "trickshots" which were just done randomly!!! :grinning:
    But they are all shoot-before-spin and not even close to the standarts today. I really want to have Players on the list who do "real" trickshots. But I think that you don't mind if I mention your video, because that was exactly what I was looking for! :smile:

#11 onik, Jan 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2015
  12. marcel18167

marcel18167 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +241
    These are legit trickshots I just aim at the person and start to spin and shot while I am spinning. (I can make perfect spins (I have a special mouse)).

13. SasMastah

SasMastah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +207
    Trickshotting in real CoD is a lot harder and really fun. I have only hit one but I was pumped for the whole day.

14. hero_007_

hero_007_ Member

Ratings:
    +10
    Pewh, fockin get 0n my lvl. 1 d1d my f1rst 420 wh3n 1 w4z lvl 2. F1rst MLG event wh3n i w4z 3, w0n 1t w1th feaz clan!11!!!!!1!!!!! 1 4m even m0re mlg th4n faze rain. 4nd i 4m ilominotry

15. Lord_Roke

Lord_Roke Forever the Forums Watchdog
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +3,225
    Moved to Guides

Nice job, maybe @mafiaferret can give you some tips.

• Like Like x 2
  16. teawithchoco

teawithchoco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +844
    I'll give a cookie to the one who gets it.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Miloman999

Miloman999 Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Nice Guide! I'm looking forward to do some Trickshots :grinning:!

18. MafiaFerret

MafiaFerret Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +562
    Amazing guide! Great job @onik2011 ! Great to see an amazing trickshotter on McWar spreading the "art"

It would be cool too if you added @Fista_Cupz on the trickshotters list, he does some very nice trickshots that are above average!

(Don't have links right now, but trust me, he does good stuff)

Also, @kurtboy1234 is another good trickshotter.

• Like Like x 1
  19. onik

onik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +141
    @kurtboy1234 wasn't on the forums since August 2013 xD Has he got an YouTube channel where I can see his clips?
    I will take a look at what @Fista_Cupz does and put him on the list afterwards :smile:

EDIT: Sponge launches :/ , but they are better than standart :grinning:. Added to the list.

20. Fista

Fista War MOD / https://bit.ly/3ffu9pJ

Ratings:
    +261
    Discord:
    Mick#3343
    Thanks Mafia!It Would Be Nice To Be In The History Of TrickShotting :3

• Like Like x 1