1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Overtime

Discussion in 'Capture the Flag' started by SoCool21, Sep 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Hamzas

Hamzas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +198
    Then imo stalemates should cause overtime to happen and it will end when either team capture. Normally in casual it is easier to recov then competitive and it will probably cause more people in casual work together to recov.

2. Roll0fSushi

Roll0fSushi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +67
    Discord:
    Roll0fSushi #9690
    Does there have to be a reward for winning the game? It's quite fun to play, isn't that enough? there doesn't always have to be an "award" for winning something. the satisfaction of having fun and just winning is practically enough. And like Hamza said, a lot give up at the end and it can be quite frustrating so I do believe having overtime is quite practical in a casual game.

• Like Like x 1
  3. StormNox

StormNox Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I agree that overtime would make the game more enjoyable but sometimes not everyone goes tryhard for caps and sometimes people just wanna spawnkill. Not everything is about capturing.

Do you have fun winning? I have fun spawnkilling newbies. Sometimes people have fun doing different things like maining necro. Not everything is about winning because at the end of the day we all win.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Paddishly

Paddishly The Australian

Ratings:
    +89
    Yes, but in your scenario overtime would have no impact, as most likely nobody would have the flag. Overtime would only occur in those casual competitive matches that stalemates/last minute captures occur in.

5. StormNox

StormNox Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    As long as overtime does not get implemented in the normal capture the flag matches, i dont mind.
    But if overtime does occur in the normal matches, i will just say that it is pointless because winning is pointless in non-competitive matches.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. iFlaze

iFlaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81
    How can winning be pointless ? It is the goal in any game lol. If you don't have an objective you don't have fun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. StormNox

StormNox Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Sometimes people aren't like you, @Flaze__ . Sometimes they are not tryhard cappers and sometimes ctf'ers crossteam. Am i saying sometimes too much?? Well sometimes i say sometimes too much.
    The point is, sometimes people like spawnkilling more then capping.

8. iFlaze

iFlaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81
    It is idiot to not implement changes just because of the crossteamers.
    Capturing is the goal of the game so trying to capture doesn't make someone a tryhard, but just someone who plays the game... A game where nobody (well almost nobody xD) fights , where nobody wins and where you can chat is called real life. "Sometimes" We can't satisfy everyone, especially people who don't want to play the game. Stop focusing on useless details lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CoCaptainBlue

CoCaptainBlue Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87
    Sorry im late with this message. but...

+1 Great idea! and i agree the problem at hand is very annoying but this solution would work really well.

10. StormNox

StormNox Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I know capturing is the goal of the game and it is good to capture sometimes just for the lols, but capping gets boring when done a lot. Plus, only tryhards or newbies try to capture every game.
    I don't agree that being friendly or not playing the objective of the game is not playing the game.
    We play for fun, and we do what we like for fun. You might have fun capturing, and i might have fun making ice tower. Just because you want to win, it does not mean that everyone wants to win.
    I enjoy spawnkilling, is that so much a problem for you??

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Paddishly

Paddishly The Australian

Ratings:
    +89
    All I’m wondering is how overtime would affect your ability to perform the above.

12. StormNox

StormNox Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    Overtime would pretty much only benefit the people that try to cap and recover. A lot of people do not really try to capture so it would not affect them much. I think only the cappers would be affected by this.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. scapezar

scapezar Ex-Ban/Appeal Manager | Ex-Hack Test Manager

Ratings:
    +453
    Discord:
    Jul13n#9311
    exactly my dude. for the normie (no offense) who isnt sold into the idea to win for the fun of it - which, ngl, isnt an uncommon belief. i for one have also been a bit sad where i tryhard to win in casual play (esp if im medic supporting cappers), but the final satisfaction isnt the "WIN" which i hope there to be (IRL example: getting a trophy, money, a promotion, newly conquered territory, etc) but here, the satisfaction is just in the attempt or the small complement or "/gj Good job!"... which again, it can be seen as a loss of expectation or a loss of potential appeal imo to the vast majority of players, esp for the younger noobies (to dumb it down practically speaking, u only play a game if it is appealing) - there should totally be an actual, concrete incentive (aka bonus credits) TO win... and it's a win-win bc when u do win, u (& esp the ppl who need or care about credits) will be happier, and if u lose, u will want to try harder to win next time, and if u dont care, u dont care #theobjective#thedream#thegoal

ive mentioned it a billion times and have gotten the same responses that "oh it's not fair bc ppl will join or switch mid game or w/e" but the solution is still there where u can set restrictions so that the player who joins or switches mid game or after a team gains the lead -for that person to not receive any winning credits, ez gg

@redslime too hehe u the man to say if it can be done coding-wise

#53 scapezar, Aug 13, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
  14. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    Jesus christ, what kind of hobbies do you have?

On a serious note - this thread isn't about whether or not winning is satisfying or not. The objective of CTF is, like every game in existence, to win, no matter how unsatisfying it may or may not be. I agree more needs to be done to reward winning (I mean, it's not even stat tracked...), but this thread isn't the place.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. scapezar

scapezar Ex-Ban/Appeal Manager | Ex-Hack Test Manager

Ratings:
    +453
    Discord:
    Jul13n#9311
    ye ik, just wanted to toss it in lel sorry, i can make a thread on it

but i do agree with Overtime and this lowkey connected with Overtime

16. redslime

redslime Lead Developer

Ratings:
    +1,141
    Discord:
    redslime#8503
    I approve, this is possible. I am however not sure if the invested time in this is worth the change

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. StormNox

StormNox Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    People would only try to capture if it benefited them. They may do it for the credits, to end a terrible map [beaver creek], to stop a noob from capping and getting 50 extra credits or etc.
    If we somehow make winning more pleasurable for the newbies and the regulars, they would cap more often, which therefore would fulfill the objective of the game.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. EmperorTrump45

EmperorTrump45 Dank Memer

Ratings:
    +2,157
    You make literally no sense

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. StormNox

StormNox Active Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I eat food because it tastes nice. If vegetables tastes nice then i would eat them

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. bojoi

bojoi CTFer

Ratings:
    +28
    Discord:
    amir#9645
    This is a nice idea!

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...