1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Create New Flag Stolen/Captured/Recovered Sounds

Discussion in 'Capture the Flag' started by Webmant, Jan 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Webmant

Webmant Active Member

Ratings:
    +71
    Discord:
    Ceres#5788
    Simply what the title says. Instead of lightning for the flag being stolen and captured for each side (which is an awful audio notification especially since Mage has Lightning spell and since it can't be distinguished based on side), there should be separate sounds used for different situations. Enemy steals your flag? High pitch noteblock. Enemy captures your flag? Low pitch noteblock. Your team grabs the enemy flag? Medium pitch noteblock. Your team captures the enemy flag? Villager noise. Your team recovers your flag? A different villager noise. Enemy team recovers their flag? Chest opening noise. You can substitute these noises with any other Minecraft sounds that seem more appropriate. Not only will this allow people to not have to read whether or not their flag was taken, it would allow custom Resource Packs to edit the sounds used for each situation and add their own custom sound such as "your flag has been stolen!" I believe this change will cause nearly no confusion if implemented correctly and would only serve to enhance gameplay and player satisfaction. It isn't so difficult to code for the game either, making it, at most, a one hour job.

• Agree Agree x 8
    #1 Webmant, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. Sir_Inge

Sir_Inge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +527
    I would say that different ogg files would be helpful here if we're going for resource packs, especially because most note block sounds have the exact same file and most villager sounds (idle2.ogg, idle1.ogg) are called by the same command.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Plautius

Plautius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +179
    complicateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed aint happening

4. MrWaffleman

MrWaffleman The negligence of time's end is man's downfall

Ratings:
    +650
    This idea seems really legit, I quickly read it before going to school and I saw first part. Stole my idea of custom voices :stuck_out_tongue:, but I totally agree, although having custom resource packs for the-most-vanilla-themed-Brawl server (it's not the most vanilla but you get it) may be a pain. So just switching the sounds would be enough.