1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

What is a Player/Team strike?

Discussion in 'Teams' started by Nohox, Apr 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Nohox

Nohox [MCPVP]

Ratings:
    +371
    Sup CTF’ers!

As many of you involved in CTF Teams already know, we use a method of “striking” to discipline players that are behaving inappropriately. While strikes are covered in the informational thread for CTF Teams, we’ve recently been asked time and time again to elaborate more on what can and cannot get you a strike, and what exactly a strike is.

As I previously mentioned, a strike is a disciplinary action against a player acting inappropriately. In some cases, depending on the cause, we will issue a warning to the player before a strike is handed out. In other more severe cases, a strike may be issued with no warning at all. The punishments for strikes vary depending on whether it’s the player’s first offense or not, or other specific circumstances.
    1. First Strike - Banned from official matches for 30 days. Can participate in unofficial matches/practices.

2. Second Strike - Banned from ALL matches for 30 days. Applies to official, unofficial, practices, and any other type of match.

3. Final Strike - Banned from CTF Teams entirely. No matches of any sort, nor any affiliation via member or merc is allowed with any team, under any circumstance. This also extends to any alternate accounts owned by the player. Can also be considered as a ban from the match servers.

Keep in mind that these strikes stay with the player and are not removable unless the CTF Team Committee agrees that the strike was unjust, or any other reason that is agreed upon. If you have been striked, we are willing to explain why and how you got striked, as long as you are willing to discuss it in a calm manner.

Another matter that we’ve been asked to elaborate on is what specifically can land you a strike. Before we get into this, keep in mind that each strike is dealt with differently and that we go about each strike on a case by case basis. Obviously we strike for most of the same common reasons, but there may be a strange scenario that might not be covered here, but we reserve to strike any player, for any reason. That being said, here are some of the basic things that may land you a strike:

• Unsportsmanlike Conduct. This is the number one biggest rule that we enforce. We get that CTF can be unfair, classes are broken, banners still exist, etc. But directing your saltiness towards other players is a very quick way to get a warning for unsportsmanlike conduct. This applies during matches, or during public team channels such as Skype, Discord, or even during public games in some situations. In most cases, we will issue a warning before striking for this.

• Harassment. Almost an extension of the previous rule, but this deals more so with direct harassment or bullying of a particular player or team. This can be anything from excessive/unwanted banter, to even organized targeting ingame. Again, each strike is dealt with differently so there’s really no way we can specifically cover every single way that a player can be bullied. After all, some people on here are pretty creative…

• Being on multiple teams. When you join a team, your loyalty is to that team and that team only as long as you’re on it. Attempting to join another team or flat out just doing it will almost certainly land you an immediate strike. This rule also applies to alts, you CANNOT join another team on an alt. This is also subject to player strike.

• Violating Brawl’s rules. You guys should already know these, if not you can read it here. Breaking these rules during a match may also lead to a warning or strike depending on the severity of the offense.

• Lack of common sense. Honestly, most of you guys should have the ability to distinguish between right and wrong. This is by no means a constitution for CTF Teams, and there’s no way we can realistically list every single scenario that can lead to a strike so we’re going to leave the rest of that to you guys. Use common sense, don’t be a jerk. And to those of you that just don’t have any, good luck out there.
    Team Strikes are dealt with in a similar manner, but are a much more serious matter. This occurs when multiple people on a team are acting inappropriately after repeated warnings. In almost every case, we will warn the team before giving a strike unless it is incredibly severe. When a team receives a strike, their team activity is completely halted for 30 days. On the third strike, that team will be forcibly disbanded by the CTF Committee.

Also, attempting to knowingly bypass any of these guidelines to intentionally break the rules may also result in a strike. We made this thread to clarify strikes as a whole and to help our community better understand them, not get the classic “But the thread doesn’t technically say this is bad” argument. That being said, we will continue to update this thread as new rules or situations come up.

P.S. u don wan mess

Happy Capping!

~CTF Team Committee[​IMG]

• Like x 5
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  2. RaZeragon

RaZeragon TC Co-Leader | Catgirl Enthusiast

Ratings:
    +542
    first
    Also
    - - -
    When you say that a player is banned from "official, unofficial, practices, and any other type of match," does this apply to Squad matches or player pool matches? I distinctly remember Squad matches not being affiliated with the CTF Team system, and therefore not affiliated with the player strike rules (correct me if I am wrong).

What do you mean by public team channels? Are all Official Team Chats going to be required to have a member of the CTF Team Committee to be in them to watch out for unsportsmanlike conduct? This is kind of vague, and I would like a more in depth explanation.
    @aRandomBob157

#2 RaZeragon, Apr 24, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  3. Tenshirox

Tenshirox C a p t u r e F l a g

Ratings:
    +446
    Squad matches are completely unrelated to the CTF Team system, this means that the usage of the match servers shouldn't be allowed to begin with. With this reasoning it's safe to say that people with a strike cannot participate in anything regarding the CTF Match Server.

I'd also assume that the team channels statement is if people inform the committee of unsportsmanlike conduct in match calls/channels. There won't really be people who monitor calls, but if word gets out that somebody was saying some messed up things you should be ready to take responsibility for it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. YourAverageSoda

Ratings:
    +22
    Regarding these two, does targetting engis(i.e. tunnel vision on the engi, resulting in over a dozen deaths for the engi) for the reason that they're annoying and on the offensive qualify to be considered for a strike?
    Also for the harassment section, does it have to be organized group harassment or does an individual performing acts of harassment qualify?(mostly in cases of targetting engis)

5. Miskey

Miskey Leader of Annihilation | Former Media Manager

Ratings:
    +1,370
    Discord:
    Miskey#5326
    I'd be willing to say, if the 'targeting' you are doing has any sort of objective justification it should be fine. For example, targeting an engineer that is constantly setting up a teleporter near your base to bring in teammates. On the other hand, if you are targeting the player specifically I would say that is against the rules.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Magnificent

Magnificent Dallas Fuel

Ratings:
    +377
    where is the @AllOfBK tag

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. aRandomBob157

aRandomBob157 Mr. Purple™

Ratings:
    +335
    Squad matches and other CTF events are not related to CTF Teams at all, like Tenshi said. By public team channels, I'm referring to any sort of public chats on Skype, Discord, etc. The first example of these that pops into my head would be the rep chats. However, a team's private skype group or discord is considered private and in most cases will not be used to strike a player. Players have a right to not get along with another player and rant about it to their friends/teammates, as we all do I'm sure.

Targeting engineers is not strikeable, nor is any other form of objective based gameplay. We're specifically referring to the type of targeting that occurs when people are intent on bullying another player.

It'd vary depending on the situation. I said organized targeting to give an example, but it all varies depending on the circumstance.

8. Finnerdt

Finnerdt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +63
    yes can u give banners strikes as well??!?!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1