1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

CTF Match Spotlight

Discussion in 'Matches' started by Foodcourt, Jul 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Foodcourt

Foodcourt CTF MOD

Ratings:
    +189
    Discord:
    Foodcourt#6408

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

--> Who We Are

CTF Match Spotlight is a community project dedicated to providing coverage and analysis of CTF matches. We gather the latest information from the CTF team scene, in order to provide a new insight into the community. We aim to provide this through YouTube livestreams, YouTube videos, commentating, match reports, interviews and detailed analysis of the CTF matches we cover. We try to prioritize official and event matches over unofficial matches. We provide all of this information through a biweekly newsletter, usually released on a friday, with information on the matches from the last 2 weeks, as well as the predictions for the fore coming weeks. With all of this information, we hope to cater to the taste of as many in the community as possible, whether they prefer a written report or to watch a stream. Our ultimate goal is to cover and gain information and insight on every single official match possible! As well as providing a constant stream of new information for the community, we hope that these newsletters will also serve as an archive of previously recorded and easily obtainable information.
    -=+=-
    If you're not sure what a CTF team is, the resources below should help fill you in!

-Interested in Creating or Joining a CTF Team?
    -
    CTF Teams List
    -CTF Teams | Free Agent List

[​IMG]

--> Roles

At CTF Match Spotlight, we realize that not everyone is willing or able to provide information in all of the ways listed above. This could be because they don't have time to write up a written report on a match, or perhaps they simply don't want to install recording software on their computer. As a result, we've compiled a list of different roles so that not only can you help the community out by performing a role well, but you can also enjoy doing it! Through this we aim to be a user friendly group performing as a biweekly news team! Each individual is important, but of course we require many roles to work together to create the finished document. The roles we currently have are listed and explained below. Please be aware we may add more roles at any time, for example if we were to provide information in a new way. Additionally, roles can stack, for example a recorder could also be a commentator! You can cover as many roles as you wish (and can adequately perform!)

-=+Leader [L]:

A leader's job varies depending on which role they lead. A leader is placed in charge of a department, for example commentator, with the aim of organizing the other members within this group. Certain roles would ideally have a moderator as a leader, as they have additional permissions and can set average players in spectator mode. The leading recorder, for example, would ideally be a moderator so they can set other recorders into spectator mode for matches. Leaders work with the active group in their department to perform that role to the best of their ability!

(You cannot apply for this role)

-=+Streamer [ST]:

Streamers are some of the most important roles. They stream matches to the CMS YouTube Channel. You are required to have a decent computer and internet to stream the match with smooth frames and decent graphics. Only trusted members can become streamers that are approved by the leaders of the CTF Spotlight Team.

-=+Commentator [C]:

Commentators team with streamers/recorders to aid in the recordings of matches. They point out mechanics, plays, rule breaks, questionable events, and overall anything that might spark interest in the match. A microphone is required for this role.

-=+Writer [W]:

The goal of a writer is to select specific matches, spectate, and to take down and write highlights of specific matches. They are supposed to work with recorders to get their point of view and interviewers to get interviews on the match. Only one writer will be needed per match, but obviously there can be multiple writers filling the position, since this won't exactly be a easy job. You will need to be consistent with your work and be able to submit articles on time. Teamwork is key.

-=+Interviewer [IN]:

Interviewers will create questions and take exact quotes from interviews that they conduct. The idea is to interview players/teams before and after CTF matches, and ask them questions that may pertain to a team's plans, roster changes, moods, and related. The interviewers should take exact quotes from the interviews they conduct, and then work with writers to format these into a cohesive report of the match.

-=+Analyst [A]:

The job of an analyst is to predict future matches results, teams roster, and overall relevant things in the CTF team scene. Analysts should work together yet feel competitive to share their input with the community. Analysts should always act courteous to other teams though, and refrain from throwing shade, and should be appropriate/on topic with their comments. For example, let's say that Team A vs Team B is going to occur next week. As an analyst, I would say that both teams are good, although Team A recently has been showing more success, and has been able to beat teams that Team B hasn't been able to. They should feel free to guess scores to, and have a friendly competitive nature with other analysts to try to be more precise then the others.

-=+Recorder [R]:

The job of a recorder is to record matches with commentators. The requirements of a recorder is to have recording software, and slight editing capabilities/appropriate timing on footage. A recorder can also be classified as a commentator, although a microphone is not needed to be a recorder, unlike a commentator. If you apply for this role, please give link to your channel/footage showing that you can offer quality footage with minimal lag and decent editing capabilities. Recorders will not always need commentators, but commentators may be more helpful/usually give a more interesting point of view. Note: We currently only require a recorder when there’s absolutely nobody around streaming the match.

As CTF Match Spotlight progresses, more roles may be added to allocate additional room for players, and a larger variety of roles.

[​IMG]

--> The Team

Individuals fill many roles to work as a team to deliver the best content possible. As already mentioned, roles can stack.

Foodcourt Foodcourt [L] [ST] [C] [W] [IN] [A]
    247efb93-7801-460c-af9e-3edb8d1891b7 Ninsanity [L] [ST] [C] [W] [R]
    328f6ceb-cca7-444a-a0de-f35bbb38add0 redslime [ST] [R]
    2779cb1f-1034-4b8d-a840-7bb41d54ce79 Miskey [ST] [C] [IN] [R]
    de9ff4ab-8fc6-44aa-896d-6cdc6b90ac81 Versions [ST] [IN] [R]
    b689bca4-e153-4d01-adb9-5815e7727cef Snowbreak [ST] [A] [R]
    2b82e6ee-55bb-4d82-89d3-fbe7d8aac3a9 Raging_ [ST] [C]
    7f5b1745-9ee7-449d-b669-a3fe4ff41c7f puhdgy [C]
    5ccf3875-8afe-4a27-a815-dd27811c3190 hamzacx [W] [A] [IN]
    a68a47b6-f1a6-48b7-885f-42c336dc4905 915 [ST]
    c178040b-0b93-4186-b477-3cf08a2fc78b Lceman502 [C]
    c5169167-422d-412f-8a03-eca59cb621b8 miikee [ST] [R]
    b25ea7e9-ce18-4645-9852-3e6a6ba0776e auromelt [W] [A] [R]
    c9a112fc-188a-4322-8576-afe877f998b9 Bloomishly [C] [W]
    58d027a1-0906-44d3-acf4-941d2a171a3a Godman [IN]
    ff24863a-1002-45cd-8ec0-be4f4d102f3c Paddishly [C]
    3bf75ccf-d4f7-4eb5-9b44-c0ccd4cdafbc Slingeh [C] [A]
    19853903-efeb-4129-a27c-530dbfb8edba wintergreen3 [R]
    93107638-ae9c-475c-9570-0dbe7427cb89 _Pai [ST] [C] [A] [W]
    4c8fefac-6e58-4b79-98ee-e0d4848361a6 Larh
    [ST]
    Trebr Trebr [C]
    mikye mikye [C] [ST]
    SloppySlapster SloppySlapster [C] [IN]
    SirLeo SirLeo [C]
    Choowie Choowie [ST]

gamren Gamren
    [C]
    Unifier Unifier [C]
    Daveeeeeeeee Daveeeeeeeee [C] [IN] [A]

abrakadabrax abrakadabrax [ST]
    b0squet b0squet [C]
    R4ve R4ve
    [C]
    BM5 BM5 [C]
    Participated Participated [ST] [R]

Role Key:
    Leader [L]
    Streamer [ST]
    Commentator [C]
    Writer [W]
    Interviewer [IN]
    Analyst [A]
    Recorder [R]

More roles can always be added in the future, if you believe there are some more possible roles, please tell us either in the comments or in PMs.

[​IMG]

--> Applications

Here at CTF Match Spotlight, we have requirements for not only the roles, but in general. We require that you have knowledge about the CTF Teams System, and how it works. We want CTF Match Spotlight to be a opportunity towards many members in the community, not a elitist group only letting in specific players. If we feel that you do not have enough experience, please refer to the links above, and feel free to ask questions to myself and other experienced CTF players. If you are denied from the CTF Spotlight Team due to experience, you are always allowed to spectate matches that both teams give consent to. Discord is required as it is our main and only communication platform.
    -=+=-
    To apply, use the following format:

Code:
    IGN:
    Discord:
    Timezone:
    Roles you're applying for:
    Experience with CTF teams:
    Anything else you would like to add:

[​IMG]

--> Team Consent and Spectator Rules

For the average player to receive spectator perms, they will need consent from both teams playing in the specified match. To make this rule more convenient, we will be gathering a list of teams that have allowed consent to spectate/record matches, prior to the match. This will relieve stress on both spectators and representatives alike. Teams will be allowed blacklists for individuals that they do not want to be present, and if an individual is on the blacklist for a team, they cannot spectate / record matches for that team unless taken off. Please note that if a team sets a spectator limit, please understand that the CTF Spotlight Team has priority over normal spectators, unless otherwise noted.

We have a few rules to our spectators to try to benefit the teams additionally. These benefits include our "No call" policy, which means that our spectators will not call out rule breaks, and instead leave it to the mods. This ensures that no false calls occur.

Our other rule is that spectators DO NOT type in all chat, unless it is a simple command like /gg or such. Off topic events may result in a mute by moderators.

Currently all official teams have given consent to CTF Match Spotlight meaning any of our individuals (unless blacklisted) has permission to stream, record, analyze, write about, etc. their matches.

[​IMG]

--> Additional Resources

CMS Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxlmK0OztKvnD-M6iqoTgLw

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Mod Honor Mod Honor x 1
    • Admin Honor Admin Honor x 1
    #1 Foodcourt, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  2. CommunistBelgian

CommunistBelgian Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457
    Discord:
    Unifier#8807
    Ayyy good job boiz

3. Kelsang

Kelsang Brawler

Ratings:
    +595
    Sounds pretty cool, good luck on the project!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jin0e

Jin0e Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Good Job on the thread @CoasterHamza :grinning:
    U put really much effort into this :grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  5. wfw

wfw Member

Ratings:
    +3
    IGN: Unifierisbae
    Discord: emil#0224
    Timezone: Pacific Standard Time
    Roles you're applying for: Commentator, Recorder
    Experience with CTF teams: I am on BK
    Anything else you would like to add: I want to help out with CTF. Something like this interests me greatly. Unifier recommended this to me and it sounds cool :smile:

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Deppuccino

Deppuccino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +341
    Let's go boiiizzzz

7. Avivox

Avivox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230
    IGN: kothewombat
    Discord: you have
    Timezone: est
    Roles you're applying for: analyst, interviewer
    Experience with CTF teams: been on like 6 or 7 teams, currently on tbf
    Anything else you would like to add: nop

8. Hamzas

Hamzas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +198
    Denied!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Spades_

Spades_ Former CTF Mod

Ratings:
    +229
    IGN: Spades_
    Discord: Spades_#4521
    Time zone: EST
    Roles applying for: Writer, analyst, and commentator. (I'd like to add recorder to this list in the future when I fix my recording software)
    Experience with CTF Teams: I've played on quite a few teams, most notably The Blue Flaggers. I've also played in matches with my former team Morimur Invictus, as well as squad matches.
    Anything else you would like to add?: I've played in 7,000+ matches of CTF (including casual, official, unofficial, etc) and I believe I have the experience to be a part of MSW.

10. Hamzas

Hamzas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +198
    Accepted

MSW is in need of more people for every role. Just reply here or PM me on Discord (Hamza#0875) and you will most likely me added to the MSW discord. Make sure you know what roles you want, all the roles are listed on the thread if you scroll up.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Mod Honor Mod Honor x 1
  11. Feeliq_

Feeliq_ Banned

Ratings:
    +70
    Discord:
    Wrathation#6384
    does that include me daddy? :3
    would just ask for recorder and commentator(even though my voice sounds like living crap) and analytic thingy

12. Hamzas

Hamzas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +198
    CTF Match Spotlight will make better progress from now (Sunday, 5th November 2017 at 23:23 GMT) due to the fact that we have bolstered our team with several creative and intelligent individuals.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. oowiS

oowiS Member

Ratings:
    +41
    IGN: oowiS
    Discord: Siwoo#6871
    Timezone: KST, GMT+9
    Roles you're applying for: Recorder, Analyst (may commentate in the future)
    Experience with CTF teams: Former Water Taste member, currently on Anni.
    Anything else you would like to add: uhh not really my channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVgFl4Pc9KtKQLjkM0qt8dQ

14. kamil302

kamil302 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58
    Denied!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Hamzas

Hamzas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +198
    Accepted :smile: I will PM discord link

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Cardonation

Cardonation CTF JMOD | CMS Leader

Ratings:
    +366
    :confused:

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. lnformative

lnformative Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +193
    if I were to be accepted is it mandatory to be in the discord?? idk I just feel that if I were to be in the discord I might say some **** that would trigger some people and ye..

edit: nvm maybe I shouldnt apply

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Sayan

Sayan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +153
    As long as your not trying to start flame wars you should be fine in the disc

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Mattallamune72

Ratings:
    +1
    IGN: Mattallamune72
    Discord: Mattallamune72 #8338
    Timezone: Pacific (US)
    Roles you're applying for: Analyst, Interviewer and Writer
    Experience with CTF teams: I just started playing with The Legion and I'm trying to get back into the thick of playing more.
    Anything else you would like to add: This looks hella cool tbh. I want to actually analyze the matches more since it's kind of like how sports people do.

20. Hamzas

Hamzas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +198
    Sorry for such a delay, but accepted :smile: