1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Sounds Cues Would Be A Nice Addition

Discussion in 'Capture the Flag' started by IvanDoomy, Nov 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. IvanDoomy

IvanDoomy Active Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Hello. This will be a small suggestion for the gamemode to improve its gameplay and give it some fresh air. I know this should go into the CTF ideas section but, please, keep reading.

The suggestion, as the title says, is adding more sounds cues to the game to better help new people get around it. As most of us know, CTF ain’t very welcoming for new players since most classes would kill a new player in less than a second without a warning, and that’s why the gamemode is dying… for the most part. Died instantly? Was I on fire? What hit me? An arrow? Or did someone just came sprinting at me like a maniac and killed me in one hit? It’s not that clear for a new player, is it?
    Some classes are in need of these (Assassin, Archer, maybe even Soldier or Medic), some already have some sound cues (Pyro and Mage). Other classes have their respective sound cues since they use one-of-a-kind weaponry (Chemist)
    These sound cues should be centered on their activation (using abilities) or when they kill a player.
    For example, when the archer gets an insta-kill, the place where the player died at should display something close to a loud bang or simply a prolonged, heavier skeleton death sound. This way you would be certain that there’s an archer around. In this case, the sound cue is more aesthetic than anything.
    Unlike Archer, a sound cue for Assassin could just instantly give away what the assassin is doing:
    Adding a sound cue for when the assassin uses their redstone, when they get a kill with it, when it expires and when it’s ready to use again. We could use the wither death sound for kills, and when it’s ready again it should sound like fire being put out. The other two are up to what you guys think could fit.
    The sound cue for the activation should be able to be heard from at least 5-8 blocks away, while the sound when it’s ready should only be heard by the Assassin. This is up to debate though.
    Soldier climbing walls should make some sounds, right? And the same goes for the Medic when healing teammates. Enemies should be able to hear it, too!
    I feel like bringing up this sound cue idea is necessary for CTF’s survival since many other games have it. Games like Overwatch, TF2, and The Hidden have these mechanics not because they only make the game feel nicer but because they’re needed. CTF has gone way too long without these. It barely has any.
    You could argue that they ruin stealth… not really. Did I mention Ninja? Nope. And Assassin isn’t a stealth class, it’s just a car made out of glass that silently crashes into people.

• Winner x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Useful x 1
    #1 IvanDoomy, Nov 14, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  2. ExtremeEvoboost

ExtremeEvoboost CTF Media Man

Ratings:
    +200
    I did suggest in my archer thread that a "tool break" sound cue (like when the turret is broken) could be added instead of the normal archer arrow sound if the arrow that landed near you or in your buddies skull sounded less like a near silent "ppuzzzz" and be a louder sound. While it wouldn't save you from a perfectly accurate first shot, it would certainly let you know if an archer may be aiming for you or near you.

As for assassins, pssssh I dunno. I would love it but it would almost completely destroy the assassin's element of surprise.

Edit: After reading this is this a suggestion thread or just a salt thread

3. Salty_Ivan

Salty_Ivan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92
    Discord:
    Whale#7514
    Afaik both Owlykat and Nom are dead.
    As in inactive

#3 Salty_Ivan, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  4. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. NickManEA

NickManEA Build JMOD

Ratings:
    +717
    Discord:
    NickManEA#1421
    + People*

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. minecraftnoob999

minecraftnoob999 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +358
    • Like Like x 1
    #6 minecraftnoob999, Nov 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2017
  7. Zycn

Zycn Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I like this idea, it would especially help new players and give them a chance to adjust to the game.

I also agree with this, visual cues would also help new players even on top of audio cues.

• Like Like x 1
  8. minecraftnoob999

minecraftnoob999 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +358
    Satellite is deaf, so it would help him a ton. He does rather well, granted.

• Funny Funny x 1