1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Stat Resets

Discussion in 'Capture the Flag' started by Slithium, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Slithium

Slithium Wild West Sheriff | Revive HG

Ratings:
    +19
    Discord:
    Slithium#7936
    When Brawl first bought CTF, I used to suck. My KD was probably around 0.5, and I didn't understand anything about the game. Now I barely have a KD over 1 now that I have returned to Brawl. I am concerned about this because it has led me to some trouble joining teams, as my stats do not reflect my skill level. I wish there was a way to get, or even buy, a stat reset, only once.

2. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    McPvP used to sell stat resets but they didn't sell very well. No reason not to if they're easy to code, but otherwise there's not much point.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. RaZeragon

RaZeragon TC Co-Leader | Catgirl Enthusiast

Ratings:
    +542
    Most teams usually at least require some sort of minimum stats or experience with the game, so getting a stat reset would only extend whatever troubles you may be going through. I can assure you though that no team determines applications by KDR alone. Experience doesn't show through KDR but through time spent on the gamemode and ingame skill. (My KDR is barely over one as well)

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. FlagRecovered

FlagRecovered Active Member

Ratings:
    +49
    I agree with kev,

Most teams take other factors into consideration aside from KDR. Just build a name for yourself by actively playing and maining a certain class. A great example, @ghenry with the pyro class. I think SoCool summed it up well, I don't think stats reset were very popular and would kind of put you at a greater disadvantage simply because you'd be so behind on stats.

5. super_mii2

super_mii2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12
    i mean i used to be in a team and all i do is meme about engi so you really shouldn't worry bout it

6. Feeliq_

Feeliq_ Banned

Ratings:
    +70
    Discord:
    Wrathation#6384
    KDR isn't everything, if you have experience, a class that you can play very well and can make a name for yourself, then you should be good. For example @xAsh has a bad kdr at chemist/chemist yet she still plays it very well imo.
    Also assassin's usually have a bad kdr cause blocking or hit not registering smh.

7. Slithium

Ratings:
    +19
    Discord:
    Slithium#7936
    I guess that makes sense.

8. super_mii2

Ratings:
    +12
    Also they have a bad kdr because they're literally designed to kill one thing and die, whether they succeed or not.

9. Kayrex

Kayrex Ex JMOD

Ratings:
    +157
    Discord:
    Kayrex#9118
    *cough* ninja mains *cough*

10. super_mii2

Ratings:
    +12
    Also apparently the class I have the highest kd with is apparently archer at 2.54. But if you told anyone that I should play archer more they'd laugh

11. Slithium

Ratings:
    +19
    Discord:
    Slithium#7936
    Well at least this isn't as big if a problem as I thought it was.