1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Add a CTF Test Server (for maps, classes, and general features)

Discussion in 'Capture the Flag' started by FeatheredSnake, Jun 25, 2018.

?

Would you play on a test server if it was added?

1. Yah

77.8%
  2. Nah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Tf, who cares you snake

11.1%
  4. I think it could be cool, but I would like some changes

11.1%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. FeatheredSnake

Ratings:
    +0
    Discord:
    FeatheredSnake#6504
    Hey!
    Do you know what CTF needs (well besides a lot of basic things, like bug fixes, a better anti cheat system and such, lol)? A test server.

Just like other games: such as PUBG, Rainbow Six Siege, and many more. This would allow the Dev Team to try out new features, maps, etc on a more regular basis. This could also allow for players to vote on things such as: Buffs and Nerfs to different classes, new classes, maps, etc, while not causing the main server to be disrupted with 'map testing' or other things.

This server would not include credits for kills, or add to stats in any way, as to not cause any issues while testing. I believe it could be a really cool way for the community and the Dev team to work together in a way never done before.

Thanks for reading, and feel free to leave any comments, questions, or concerns below.:grinning:

-FeatheredSnake

Also, this server wouldn't necessarily have to be up all the time (like the match server). Could just be active for special "testing periods". This could allow for more player suggestions to be tested.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Kayrex

Kayrex Ex JMOD

Ratings:
    +157
    Discord:
    Kayrex#9118
    This should definitily be added as soon as possible.

3. fatmog

fatmog Active Member

Ratings:
    +16

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. RaZeragon

RaZeragon TC Co-Leader | Catgirl Enthusiast

Ratings:
    +542
    We usually use match server for any sort of beta-testing class changes or other general upgrades or reworks. Public server testing, however, is used when we have brought the update or rework to a state at which it would not cause gamebreaking issues when released to the public, and using the general server allows for much more feedback from a larger variety of players compared to a hidden server.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paddishly

Paddishly The Australian

Ratings:
    +89
    I think it's a good idea, just about getting people to play on the test server, I feel like there has to be some incentive to test new ideas, such as maybe a small credits bonus or something along those lines. Also it'd be good if all classes were open for noob noobs like me to help out with testing.

6. lasertagfighter

lasertagfighter Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74
  7. FeatheredSnake

Ratings:
    +0
    Discord:
    FeatheredSnake#6504
    I think that would be cool. Again, having a place outside of stats and whatnot for testing classes and messing around seems like a cool idea to me.

I talked with a few other long time community members, who said similar things. I was thinking of this as a place for HUGE changes to be tested (such as Game-Play-Changing buffs and nerfs to classes, reworks, etc) or for community classes to be tried out. Maybe that would require more man-power than Brawl has available, but I still think something like this could be cool to add.

8. redslime

redslime Lead Developer

Ratings:
    +1,141
    Discord:
    redslime#8503
    There is a test server, but it is private since the game version on there is full with bugs and issues that need to be fixed first before we put it onto a normal server.
    We're looking into publicly testing gameplay changes on all casual servers to get feedback from the community. That way we're not splitting the playerbase and giving casual players the chance to participate as well, more information to follow on this