1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Looking for Feedback - Airdrops

Discussion in 'MC-WarZ' started by SoCool21, Sep 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    Hey zombies,

We are looking at re-adding Airdrops into WarZ. For those who don't know: Airdrops are events that happen every so often, involving players going to a single location and fighting over a chest with scarce and powerful loot.

These Airdrops are technically still in the game, but only activate when we get 16 players, which very rarely happens now. I am looking into getting the required players reduced, essentially re-adding them into the game.

Are there any changes to Airdrops that you'd like to see? If so, what are they?

SoCool21
    Brawl Staff Team

• Like Like x 5
  2. Squidward

Squidward BEST WARZ SMOD NO KAPPA (ง'̀-'́)ง

Ratings:
    +405
    Discord:
    Jay#3599
    Make it 8 players need to be on so there is a 75% chance of an airdrop spawn, or make it 100% every hour if there is 8 players online.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Extinguish

Extinguish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Better loot, instead of iron

4. StrikerSly

StrikerSly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +745
    Airdrops were another "thing to do" in WarZ which seems to only have benefits:
    - luring teams/players towards a stash to fight over it
    - giving inexperienced players a chance to get started with some high tiered loot
    - divert existing fights away from typical zone 6s or other locations
    - a fun addition to look forward to every hour or so

My thoughts are that it's a great idea to add these back to the game for reasons above.
    I also believe the player-count for airdrops should be reduced to 10. We are now seeing a boost of players within the last week and 10 seems fair if it is going into the long-term (assuming @Ritzy and I's plan works).

Some changes I'd like to see could be a 5-10% chance on top of the normal chance for airdrop, of a massive drop with 3-4+ double chests in the same area or in separate areas.

+1 for re-addition of airdrops and reduction in required player-count.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. tallscot

tallscot sceptiiiiiii

Ratings:
    +1,572
    I honestly think this could be monetized rather than having a small chance of occurring naturally. Not sure if it's worth developing and implementing into the shop, but purchasing this (possibly called Emergency Airdrop similar to War) would basically give you the airdrop (Redstone torch or something, again, similar to War) that you would place on the ground. It would spawn exactly where you place it, but in return it would take longer to spawn in so others have a chance to claim it as well. Would spawn in 5 small chests, each with a full set of guns, ammo, food, and at least one piece of diamond.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Droiid

Droiid Shutdown

Ratings:
    +159
    Discord:
    Droiid#0609
    We had a similar idea to this in Wild West, but with caravans instead of air drops. This is also similar to rust, a steam game where players can very rarely obtain or usually purchase a supply signal. It's always a huge event on the server, everyone runs to the plane, the smoke and fight. Seeing this in WarZ would be sick; it'd give better gameplay if was designed the way tallscott explained it. it'd also add a different reason for fighting, instead of the same "let me fight you because *insert reason here* " It's more of a community engaging event because more than just the regulars that play, noobs etc will join.

7. Kelsang

Kelsang Brawler

Ratings:
    +595
    8+ people 80% spawn rate and a 5-10% spawn rate for a massive airdrop (a full chest with diamond, guns, ammo, grapple, compass?)

8. WarSkater

WarSkater Rob // MC-WarZ Hardcore Crafter

Ratings:
    +471
    Discord:
    Rob // Skater#0460
    Definitely agree with every statement on here. However, inexperienced players I personally don't think ever really have a chance to learn the game. There's people everywhere. Yeah, they can go get the airdrop, but what are the odds that there's not going to be an experienced team already there? Or atleast an experienced player.

I think that's a completely separate issue however. Part of the reason the "WarZ community" never really has new players is because all of the experienced players don't allow them to get to Zone 6's and actually learn the game.

I'd love to see airdrops "re-added" into WarZ, and I believe that it definitely adds some more intriguing elements to the game.

+1

9. ssiah

ssiah Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +19
    I feel like airdrops give a fun opportunity to be able to have a fight over a certain piece of loot, and there was a Airdrop the other day, while there was nearly 21 players on, and the entire situation was a lot of fun, and reminded me of the old WarZ days. +1

I do like this idea, and also feel like it would give Brawl a new way to make profit, and the opportunity to opening more servers would be available. The only thing I would be concerned about, is the amount of diamond people would be receiving through one airdrop. Maybe 3 chests with one piece of diamond instead of 5? Don't get me wrong, love the idea, thoughts?

Exactly :smile:

10. Warrey

Warrey Former WarZ Staff

Ratings:
    +67
    Discord:
    Warrey#9081
    @SoGhoul21 Brilliant idea to add them back! Me and my team personally enjoy them and use them a lot. First of I just have to tell you all how they works so, when the server reach 20 players an Airdrop in 5 minutes and then like 10 minutes later if the server still has an amount of 20 players it will spawn again which the severs usually don’t have because of people switching servers. But here are some changes I would like to introduce:
    - Make it so it spawns at 15 players in stead of 20.
    - Add better loot when there are boosters.
    - Make it possible to get enchanted diamond.
    - And lastly more diamond.
    After zone 7 was added I believe that people started ignoring Airdrops because it usually only contains iron which is not necessarily for players that are already full diamond. But as @Yorei said, we need new players to gear up which is why I believe we need more diamond in them.

• Like Like x 1