1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

How to play pyro and how to help pyro do its job

Discussion in 'Guides' started by FireTurtle, Nov 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. FireTurtle

FireTurtle Active Member

Ratings:
    +26
    I have noticed that many people who are new to pyro or the game entirely make many mistakes on defense, however I will attempt to tell what to do and what not to do on defense.

Playing Pyro:
    Pyro is not a complicated class but but i see a lot of mistakes that new players often make.

1. Not frenzying: often i will see pyros not frenzying when they should because they think they can win a fight, you will likely not will the fight as your armor is awful and your weapon only does 6 damage. Many players only frenzy flag carriers, this should only be done is you have many people in the flag room killing them and if there is only 1 or 2 people. However, if you have no medic or not many people in the flag room you should frenzy every capping threat

2. Getting over confident: I do this myself often, it is similar to the last one, you think you can win a fight without frenzying when in reality you stand little to no chance because or your armor.

3. Not respawning: This is a trick i picked up from watching ghenry (you should watch his youtube channel if you want to see what he does) this only helpful if you don't have a medic if you do just get a restore.If you don't have a medic make sure there is nobody coming to steal than respawn. Only respawn if you are low on steak and health.

Those are the main mistakes i see new pyros make however many people make mistakes while playing other classes that effect the pyro's ability to kill the carrier.

1. Hitting the carrier: This is not a huge problem in theory, however if i pyro frenzys don't hit the carrier, please. When you do it makes it so the pyro can't hit the carrier with frenzy and usually gives the carrier a free escape which often leads to a cap.

2. Standing on the flag: Standing on or right next to the flag makes people not be able to see the other side of the flag allowing a ninja to steal the flag if the person standing on the flag is not paying attention. This also makes it so the pyro can't shoot across the flag to check for ninjas.

This is all for my guide, if any other pyro players have any comments on this guide please tell me .

Side note: I honestly made this as a kind of rant because I often see people making simple mistakes, which cause the flag to get capped and effects everyone the team. I hoped this helped you improve.

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...