1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Guide To Pyro V2

Discussion in 'Guides' started by FireTurtle, Dec 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. FireTurtle

FireTurtle Active Member

Ratings:
    +26
    To start this off, I don't feel like I did a very good job on my last guide, as my main influence to make that guide was because new pyro players would frequently get in my way and I needed somewhere to vent. This time however I wish to make a guide that is actually helpful.

First point: Always have your bow drawn. If you have been playing pyro for more than five seconds you should know to do this, but sometimes I still see players stand around the flag without their bow drawn. The bow's explosion radius is 3 blocks I believe, and the fire lasts 3 seconds. Take advantage of this.

Second point: Making sure everyone is on fire. I know that I didn't do this when I started, so I'll include it. Making sure that everyone is on fire is very important, as your axe does 3.5 hearts of true damage to players that are on fire. This is where the flint and steel comes into play. the flint and steel is very important as it lights players on fire longer than the bow does, giving you a larger window of time to kill the offending enemy.

Third point: Frenzy. Frenzy is the strongest part of pyro, it allows your axe to deal 7 heart of true damage to any enemy that is on fire. The only ways that a player can defend from frenzy are, playing medic, going in water (natural of elf) and running away. Timing is hard though, personally I frenzy all flag carriers (except medics, ninjas and assassins) and if 3 or more enemies are in the flag room I will frenzy to kill as many as I can. also, try to use frenzy on elves before they can get to the flag. If you want you can copy the way I frenzy, but I advise that you try other frenzy timings to see if something else works better for you.

Fourth point: Pyro offence. I always ask myself why people play pyro offence, and I still can't answer myself. In my opinion pyro offence is dumb and I don't think you should play it, but if you so chose to do it, you should go into the enemy flag room, kill everyone with frenzy, steal the flag and hope they don't have ninjas.

That is all for my guide, I hope that I have helped people learn or become better at pyro, and please don't play pyro offence.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1