1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

reset all stats and add seasons

Discussion in 'Capture the Flag' started by LeDoener, Dec 25, 2019.

?

reset all stats and add battle pass

1. yes

44.4%
  2. no

55.6%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. LeDoener

LeDoener Active Member

Ratings:
    +38
    since the gamemode got boring af brawl should reset all stats so people have actually something to do. additionally to that brawl should implement a battle pass / seasons based system so the game dont get boring again after you boosted your stats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    Got an idea sort of similar to this that I have completely and shamelessly stolen from Duolingo.

We don't have the dev time to make updates just for the sake of updating the game (we need to focus on fixing stuff that's bad for the game). Instead, we could have a "league" system. Ideally we'd have a global levelling system similar to Hypixel's and this would be a part of it, but it could work just with credits as well.

The season is split up into 12 weeks, and is put in a league. A league would be a group of about ~100 players (enough for there to be enough active people, but not so much that getting high spots is impossible). At the end of the league, the top 50 players would get promoted to the next league, bottom 50 players would be demoted to the previous league (or would stay at Bronze).

This is essentially a leaderboards system which requires considerably less grinding and no-lifing to do well on. Anyone who's tried to get to the top of a leaderboard on a popular game will know it's very addicting to constantly be spurred on by other players, but takes a lot of work to get to the top. This keeps the "constantly being spurred on by other players" aspect, but adjusts the amount of work required to an amount each player is comfortable with.

Of course, ideally we would have proper content updates in each season like Fortnite does, but this isn't possible for us at the moment. This should be easy enough to add, would require no dev time after initially coding it, and most servers do not have a system like this (to my knowledge).

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. LeUniCow

LeUniCow Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92
    I like socool's league idea. Having something as well as the team scene to motivate people to play is much needed, as even the active teams are struggling to get games (for whatever reasons). Would the top 50 players be judged by their stats at the end of each season and how long would a season last - are non-pub regs going to be able to participate or will pub regs dominate.

4. NinetyThree

NinetyThree Active Member

Ratings:
    +37
    This would actually be lit tbh

5. _Pai

_Pai Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    It should be top 25 percent and bottom 25 percent get promoted or relegated and the middle stays

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. ACE_BLUE2

ACE_BLUE2 Sup'

Ratings:
    +296
    League of Losers.... I like it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Mnkynoodles

Mnkynoodles ur mother

Ratings:
    +38
    We like fortnite!

8. notfleb

notfleb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62
    Discord:
    Forleb#6785
    Following on SoCool's idea, we could make a separate server titled "Capture The Flag: League" or something. I think resetting everyone's stats for good would be a bit harsh, considering a good number of player already had to abandon loads of stats on mcpvp. Better players can progress on CTF:L while others randies such as myself can mess around on casual CTF; everyone wins (kind of) :grinning:.

9. LeDoener

LeDoener Active Member

Ratings:
    +38
    if you want a ranked system like socool mentioned you need to start from 0. sure brawl can save the current stats and display them on the website for these who wants to jerk off of them. adding a second ctf-gamemode would split the playerbase and is a ton of work.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. notfleb

notfleb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62
    Discord:
    Forleb#6785
    Yes I'm saying make it a separate gamemode where it doesn't carry over stats lol. Leaderboard page adds CTF:L as its own category, nobody has anything first day. While it would be more work, it would probably up the daily player count quite a bit considering most of the regs only get on for ppms or to chill in casual.