1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Replays

Discussion in 'Capture the Flag' started by Kayrex, Dec 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Kayrex

Kayrex Ex JMOD

Ratings:
    +157
    Discord:
    Kayrex#9118
    I am aware that CTF does not currently have a dedicated developer, but I really thought this idea was neat so I am going to share it anyway.

Looking back on e.g competitive matches and reflecting on them is very useful for further improvement at the game, but the only way you can do that at this point is to watch the CTF livestreams which doesnt even always get streamed. Replays would simply allow a user to rewatch their match / game in a spectator's POV and see exactly what happened during that match. This also makes it easier to reflect as you can focus more on yourself, whereas on the stream the streamers roam around everywhere. I am not even 100% sure if this is possible, but it would be very cool to see it implemented.

Thoughts?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mnkynoodles

Mnkynoodles ur mother

Ratings:
    +38
    Personally I'm going to be a little biased, but id rather have someone recording the match with the communication. A replay would have a small bug where it's not the same for every player due to ping, as well as the fact that there will be no replay of comms in replays. It is a good idea but has its downsides

3. NinetyThree

NinetyThree Active Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Just record your matches.
    Noob :grinning:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    This is possible to do. However, it'd be hard to code and very resource-intensive. Cool idea, but probably not worth it to implement it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shawn_

Shawn_ Playing CTF and making maps since 2012

Ratings:
    +436
    Discord:
    Shawn the Sheep #0146
  6. notfleb

notfleb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62
    Discord:
    Forleb#6785
    Everyone above me basically said was I was going to say, but I guess I'll add that this idea could at least be implemented into the match server. Holding data for hundreds of matches every day would fry the server faster than California, but with there being just a few PPMs every day, it would be at least be a more reasonable load to handle (I have no clue how much data it would require). This would also encourage unfamiliar players to join PPMs, simultaneously improving on their CTF skills through their team mates and the replays.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mnkynoodles

Mnkynoodles ur mother

Ratings:
    +38
    bro im in cali, this aint it chief

8. notfleb

notfleb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62
    Discord: