1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Mage For Dummies

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Crashable, Mar 10, 2020.

?

Was this helpful for

1. New Players

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Experienced Players

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Or not at all

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Crashable

Crashable Crashable

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey Brawlers!! Welcome to... Mage For Dummies!!
    I will be doing this in 3 categories: Defense, Offense and Roamer. For new players i will explain what all the categories mean. I will also be giving general tips for fighting each specific class. I hope you are bored because this might be long. :grinning:

General Tips For Specific Classes
    Heavy, Medic, Soldier, Chemist : Honestly just get good with damage spell and get used to the delay of the damage arrow with your specific internet ping. The best technique for handling these tough melee based classes is to use the lightning spell and the damage spell to your advantage. If used right the lightning spell can launch players back and combo'd with the damage spell you can keep them back long enough to use the lightning spell again and repeat this until they die.

Archer, Mage, Engineer, Elf:
    Fighting the same class as you are playing can have advantages and disadvantages. the good thing about it is you probably know what they are going to do next in the fight. The bad thing is that you balance each other out, especially in mage fights. If you freeze a mage and they have experience they are going to try and flame shot you before you can. A tip to stop them from doing so is to learn when the ice spell finishes, that is very important. If you know when it finishes you can move immediately and dodge the flame shot and pull a "reverse card" and flame them right back. With archers the only tip i have is to make your way towards them while they are frozen, make sure you get practice with accuracy so that you can make sure you hit them most of the time. For engineers just make sure you kill them before they can blow you up, always have your healing spell on hand. The same goes for elf, make sure you kill them before they pure shot you.

Ninja, Assassin, Scout: The main thing is to keep your distance. For ninjas, they usually come out of invisibility right next to you for the strong base damage so as soon as you notice one of those sneaky players shoot a lightning spell at your feet. That technique pushes them away and gives you opportunity to "combo" them with your spells. For assassin, keeping them away requires a lot of practice. You are the weakest class against these assassins, making sure they don't reach you is your main priority.
    Practice flicking your mouse as you pass people in-game to freeze people to the side of you, this will increase your accuracy and helps you with flicking your mouse into freezing them before they get to you. The same thing goes for scouts, if they death tag you, they can 2 shot you with critical shots.

Pyro, Dwarf: These are the easiest to kill, as pyros probably will only go for you for frenzy and even then you can just freeze them and run. Dwarfs stay in one place so i would just leave them alone or they might get revenge with more mobile classes.

Offense: Capturing or helping someone take the flag
    Going to the enemy base try and scan the type of classes are roaming around because mage is the main class for distraction on defensive classes. I would not recommend capturing as mage, use your freeze to stop defenders from killing your capture classes. There isn't much for this category as it's not the main stand out for this class

Defense: Making sure no one captures your flag
    When staying in the flag room you should make sure you regularly heal your ninja with your regeneration spell and trying to freeze the opponents that are incoming. As i said earlier, learning how to use the lightning spell and use it to push people towards the rest of your team who is trying to recover. After pushing them back to your team only help with flame and damage spell to attack, using the ice or lightning can throw off your team when they are attacking. Dealing with multiple rushes to the flag at once do the same thing as with the ninjas: use the lightning spell at your feet to push them away. After doing that use the same technique until they leave you alone, and if they don't, use the same technique as the heavies: damage and flame spell.

Roamer: Roaming around middle to get pick kills on possible offenders
    For being a roamer i recommend staying near water or a void socket (somewhere in the map where the void is close by) and keeping your lightning spell on hand. After practicing and becoming familiar with the class will allow you to do more things for your team, such as pick killing (killing people while they are on there way somewhere) and voiding people (throwing someone into the void). If you get good with the lightning spell you can use it's knock back for more purposes than the others i listed. Voiding people allows easy and clean kills that don't affect your health in much way. Another way of keeping them back is to simply kill all the archers terrorizing your team, doing this will make it easier for you to be a roamer and for your team to offend.

Thank you for reading this far, i hope this helped you and if it did let me know in the poll!

Crashable

if you read this far you are awesome and have a great day !! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
    #1 Crashable, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020