1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Idea Random position assignment in casual

Discussion in 'Capture the Flag' started by redboo123, May 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. redboo123

redboo123 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +122
    ok countless threads happen about casuals' flagrooms being full of insecure players who enjoy playing defense, just kidding they don't enjoy that, they simply do not enjoy offense at all because it's a vicious cycle, one team has 20 defenders, opposing teams' offenders get discouraged --> they turn to defense, and then you have a 25v25 that is all about who has a better defense and not the better offense.
    i'm not going to address anything else, but slightly make positions more rewarding and less afk credit farming.

suggestion:
    when you join a ctf game, you will be assigned as defense or offense (either randomly or higher % change of becoming the role you play the most, can be tracked trhough classes' stats?) and basically if you play the role you are assigned to, you get extra credits (on tasks relative to your role), and if you do the opposite you get less.
    • if someone with assigned offense role plays offense, (flag steals, flag captures, killing ppl near flag (add this)), credits earned should be increased by 70% if not anything more

• if someone with assigned offense role plays defense (flag recoveries, flag carriers kills), credits earned should be decreased by 50% probably more to be honest

• if someone with assigned defense role plays defense (flag recoveries, flag carriers kills), credits earned should be increased by 20% (less would be better =D)

• if someone with assigned defense role plays offense (flag steals, flag captures, killing ppl near flag (add this)), credits earned are not affected because as i said, offense needs to be rewarding (less would be better =D)
    i don't really care about values but you get the point, make offense rewarding, sick and tired of seeing defenders as mvp because they afk at flagroom getting the lowest effort kills, really ****ty

p.s assignment will be random between players, but 30% def and 70% off in a team sounds ok :smile:

2. Slingg

Slingg OABFAABF

Ratings:
    +46
    I think we have to keep in mind that everyone is in quarantine. As such, the player counts (casual specifically) are wayyy higher than they normally would be. Before quarantine, I would only see a 25v25 on Fridays (albeit only for a few hours) and you would have the occasional 25v25 on Saturdays (usually before ppms/matches). I think the reason people are just now getting REALLY frustrated about offense in casual is because no one is used to playing 25v25’s every day of the week. Anyways, I think that once quarantine ends for a majority of the world, we will see player counts decrease back to their normal numbers and casual Offense wont be as frustrating for players.

I think that making a change as significant as the one suggested would do nothing but frustrate players once the numbers go back to normal. As such, we would be wasting valuable dev time to implement something that would probably be removed sooner or later.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. minecraftnoob999

minecraftnoob999 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +358
    redboo im sorry I farmed you yesterday

• Funny Funny x 1