1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Banned forever on first offense!

Discussion in 'Capture the Flag' started by Broadsword20, Aug 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Broadsword20

Broadsword20 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Hello!

Hope all is well! I would like to start by saying i own up to my mistakes. Yes, I did have a flight mod on, However, I would like to explain my situation first.

SITUATION: I joined for a short time earlier today, and i was in a lobby with me, and only one other player, so it was a 1V1 situation. Me and the guy were messing around, and I noticed I still had my flight mod on, so i asked if he was cool if i had it on, and he said he didn't care. I proceeded to run around, and what i assume to be an invisible staff member started to hit me. I didn't know what was going on, so i flew straight up, and then i got banned. Yes, I know mods aren't allowed, and yes i take full responsibility for my actions, but i do believe a perm-ban is unfair.

BAN: I did get perm banned for using a fly mod, and i think that's a little too much. I was reading up on the offenses chart, and not one of the offenses equaled a perm ban for a first time cheat offense. I've been playing this server for 7, almost 8 years, and would love to keep playing. I am truly sorry, and i own up to my actions. I would be so thankful if you guys could switch this from a perm ban to a temp ban. Thank you for your time!
    upload_2020-8-2_23-52-46.png

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 2
  2. gamren

gamren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +622
    #FreeBroadsword20

• Like Like x 2
  3. Mnkynoodles

Mnkynoodles ur mother

Ratings:
    +38
    #FreeBroadsword20

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Carsonn

Carsonn #1 WarZ Looter

Ratings:
    +523
    Discord:
    Carson#2211
    #FreeBroadsword20

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. notfleb

notfleb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +62
    Discord:
    Forleb#6785
    Staff members are expected to permanently ban players who are using obvious cheats; You aren't an exceptional case by any means. I understand why you're making this post, but as an actual staff member would have told you had I gotten here later, it is mostly pointless, and you should probably make an actual appeal. They do acknowledge the community's view of you, but you still need to go through their process to make any headway with it.

6. Broadsword20

Broadsword20 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    You're a good person:sneeze:

appreciate you my man

appreciate you!

I totally understand. The thing is though that i would like just one more chance, and i'll make sure it won't happen again. I'm cool with a temp ban, i just think its a bit harsh to perm ban a guy who didn't even use cheats to make the game unfair. I didn't fly with the flag or in combat. I understand though!

7. GGGGG12

GGGGG12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Brawl is not the only to perm ban players for their first offense. This is because when you are in a game and just use obvious cheats the mods think that you don't care about being banned(bc you may have more alts). In your situation I would do an honest appeal where you don't say any excuses and say the truth. You can also say what you learned from it. But the best way to make an appeal is through being honest and mature. I hope you can get unbanned and don't do such stupid stuff again

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Broadsword20

Broadsword20 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    For sure man. I did it, and got caught for it. I put in an appeal pretty similar to my original comment. I already got rid of the mod, because its a dumb one anyways. Thanks for your advice and support!:raised_hands:

9. GGGGG12

GGGGG12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good job for still having patience, even though you got banned. It is very important to stay calm in those situations and maybe get advise from others. I wish you luck with getting unbanned

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Broadsword20

Broadsword20 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Thanks! Even if I'm temp banned for a little bit i'll still be thankful! super fun server, and I messed up! I'll stay patient!

11. GGGGG12

GGGGG12 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's the way to go!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Slingg

Slingg OABFAABF

Ratings:
    +46
    This mans trying to pull a unicow with this thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Salty_Ivan

Salty_Ivan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92
    Discord:
    Whale#7514
    If the appeal does not go through you can always buy an unban.

14. Champloo

Champloo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

15. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    Alrighty, here’s how it works: When our esteemed Moderators find someone to be cheating, we /ban them. This command issues a forever ban which is used to discourage some hackers from Ever coming back and also prevents us from having to repeat ban anyone who never bothered to make an appeal or buy an unban. In your case, you appealed and the deny message said wait a month, not an hour. So after waiting the month, for a flight ban, and if you’re normally a legit player as you say, if you copy/paste your appeal, chances are it will be accepted. Of course if you make a thread like this, we may leave you hanging for a little while.
    P.S. the system’s been like this for at least 7 years.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Broadsword20

Broadsword20 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I dunno what that means lol

I’ll make sure to wait a month then. I thought this thread would help explain myself a little bit better, and I’m sorry if that made you guys angry. I’ll wait till the end of August and I’ll try again. Appreciate you guys!

I’m not trying to spend 10 dollars. I’ll just wait 30 days and try again

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. jaidenmital

jaidenmital Active Member

Ratings:
    +24
    #FreeBroadsword20

• Like Like x 1
  18. Zarpin

Zarpin #1 6ᴏʙʙʏ ꜰᴀɴ & ʙʀᴀᴡʟ ᴠᴏᴛᴇʀ (◕︵◕)

Ratings:
    +32
    Discord:
    zarpin#5115
    If you've been playing for as long as you say you have, then you should know the rules. There's no exceptions on the rules. Just wait to appeal or buy an unban.

19. Broadsword20

Broadsword20 Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Appreciate you!!

I looked at when i first joined, and it was actually 6 years, but I agree. I tried to slide one buy because i thought there was only one person in the lobby, and i got what i deserved. I guess i will wait the 30 days and re appeal.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Schokie

Schokie Member

Ratings:
    +16
    "Of course if you make a thread like this, we may leave you hanging for a little while."

Some people just cant handle power even if its just on a Mc Server

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1