1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

CTF Top 10 Plays

Discussion in 'Capture the Flag' started by wintergreen3, Aug 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. wintergreen3

wintergreen3 Delta Force Leader | Staff Manager | CTF Admin

Ratings:
    +1,167
    Sup CTFers!

You may remember several years ago, there were numerous attempts at making a top 5 or 10 plays series for CTF. I believe most if not all of those were community run, so we (the staff team) thought we'd give it a shot! Depending on how much interest there is/how many clips get submitted, we may do this every month! This will allow for ample voting and editing times after your clips are submitted.

Any and all clutch plays are welcome!! I'm very excited to bring back the top 10 plays video to you all, I know you guys have done some pretty crazy outplays in casual, PPMs, or even the recent two tournaments that were held.

Some requirements you should keep in mind when submitting a clip -

- Your clips should be your own.
    - Your clips should be recorded within the past year or so.
    - You'll have until August 25th, 2020 to submit your clips.
    - You can make as many submissions as you'd like!
    - Your clips must be uploaded to Youtube (don't send them as a discord/any other upload link).
    - You must be in the CTF Discord so that we can contact you.

The prizes will be as follows:
    1st: 30 Days of CTF Elite, or an item rename key or stat tracker.
    2nd: 30 Days of CTF MVP / 14 Days of CTF Elite, or item rename key.
    3rd: 30 Days of CTF VIP / 14 Days of CTF MVP / 7 Days of CTF Elite.
    4th: 14 Days of CTF VIP / 7 Days of CTF MVP.
    5th: 7 Days of CTF VIP.
    6th-10th: Random cosmetic tag.

*Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th can be chosen from the list, if not they will be assigned to the account depending on current rank. Prizes will also ONLY be given to the account that was stated when submitting the form.*

To submit your plays, just fill out this Google form with the information required and you're good to go! https://forms.gle/rjsfJKrKty7PSVYc6.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    #1 wintergreen3, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  2. TomD53

TomD53 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162
    Just wondering do clips have to be recorded from our own perspective or can we submit things such as cropped/timestamped CMS videos, etc..?

This as a monthly thing would be great, by the way

I was actually watching some (now 7 years) old MCPVP top 5 videos this morning, bringing back some memories...

• Like Like x 1
  3. wintergreen3

Ratings:
    +1,167
    Yes! You can definitely use CMS videos, no need to crop just submit the timestamp (try to link it on the timestamp, you can do that as I put in the image below) and we'll take it from there (it will be easier to preserve quality that way).

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    #3 wintergreen3, Aug 9, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  4. FireTurtle

FireTurtle Active Member

Ratings:
    +26
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. wintergreen3

Ratings:
    +1,167
    I'll have to see about 2 players getting a reward for 1 clip, I hadn't thought of that possibility for some reason (wow 2+ players being involved in a play in a team game? No way lol)

Hey, quick update for everyone - I'm extending the deadline for submissions to August 25th at 11:59pm EST! I'll be more busy that I thought on the following Monday so I thought an extension would be nice for you guys as well.

Hey you all! Just have another 23 hours to post your clips so make sure you get them in today. =)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Lceman502

Lceman502 Active Member

Ratings:
    +37
    Discord:
    Lceman#7506
    is this gonna be created before 2020 ends

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. wintergreen3

Ratings:
    +1,167
    :neutral_face: Waiting on the editor who has been super busy... idk what else to do. :broken_heart: If it doesn't happen by the end of this week I might just have to edit it myself real quick. There were also other delays like school starting for everyone, getting the voice over put together, but next time should HOPEFULLY be much smoother seeing as we know what we're doing now. :cry: I apologize.
    -----

Just realized I never updated this thread because it mostly went on through the CTF Discord - This project was completed a while ago, you can watch it here!! I'll be unpinning this thread for now though. Thanks for all of your feedback everyone and hopefully we can get another one at the start of this coming year, with improvements and better production speed!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2