1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Resignation All must end

Discussion in 'Outros' started by Lord_Roke, Nov 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Lord_Roke

Lord_Roke Forever the Forums Watchdog
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +3,225
    This is a post I should have made a long time ago. I have often been irritated by staff members who were clearly inactive, but didn’t resign. But now that the same has happened to me, I understand it better: It happens gradually and there is never really a point where you clearly notice how inactive you have become.

I mostly stuck around because I still cared about proper handling of protocol and because Brawl has been a part of my life for so long that I can hardly imagine leaving it. But now Ritzy and MineSheep are giving their best to start something new and me being around, basically inactive and hardly filling out my role, would only be detrimental. So I am resigning.

Brawl (or Multiplayer Servers) has been a considerable part of my life since late 2012 - 8 years ago by now. To put it into perspective: I was in 9th grade back. Since then, I have finished high school, gotten my bachelor’s degree and started my master’s degree.

If you are interested in my nostalgic reminiscing about my long journey on Brawl, click below.
    Apart from all the rewarding work and friendships, my time here at Brawl has also taught me a lot about organizing projects, managing people and was definitely a factor in my chosen career path. Plus, it really improved my English - although at the price of a horrific American accent. I hope that in return I made Brawl a better server for everyone.

It has become a tradition to tag good friends and acquaintances in your resignation, and I always expected to have a ridiculously long list of tags in my resignation. But I have realized that I would always miss some - so let me keep this short.

@chickenputty - You accepted my application 8 years ago, you were there all this time. Without you, neither Brawl nor me would be where we are today.

To everyone who should have been tagged here but was not - you know who you are. Thank you for shaping this part of my life. During my time in the staff team, hundreds of staff members, many of whom I consider friends, were promoted and resigned. Now it is time for me to join them.

Thank you for all the memories,
    Lord_Roke

P.S: Goodbye (Ritzy will get this one)

P.P.S: It is finally time to ride into the sunset together @18kss

P.P.P.S: Post Staff Hipster Syndrome, here I come @randomcitizen1

P.P.P.P.S: The amount of post-scriptums is getting ridiculous.

• ELITE Honor x 10
    • Like x 8
    • Mod Honor x 7
    • Admin Honor x 6
    • Friendly x 5
    • SMod Honor x 3
    • Winner x 2
    • MVP Honor x 2
    • JMod Honor x 2
    • Useful x 1
    • VIP Honor x 1
  2. RyGuy

RyGuy developer man

Ratings:
    +1,067
    Well damn Roke. Finally, after all these years, you can ride off into the sunset with 18. You were apart of the team that first accepted me when I was 14, and I can genuinely say taught me a ton both then and now, even though I was just a bit crazy then. Don’t ever lose your tenacity and drive (and pls don’t get pshs too), because it’s gonna do some great things for you. It’s been a great time man, and we’ll definitely miss you.

3. Squidward

Squidward BEST WARZ SMOD NO KAPPA (ง'̀-'́)ง

Ratings:
    +405
    Discord:
    Jay#3599
    Never really got to know you but we bumped heads in the past but at the end of the day, I always looked up to you for the hard work you put into Brawl. Thank you for the 8 years of service to this server and for sure won't ever look past it. Thanks for everything and goodluck with everything Roke!

4. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    Roke, thank you for giving me the shot two years ago. I am really sad to see you resign, and God speed in whatever you do. I really thought you would outlast me on the team. :sob:

5. Ritzy

Ritzy Est. 2014
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +667
    Discord:
    Ritzy#2167
    Absolute legend. One of the first faces I remember on Brawl from when I joined. I've enjoyed every minute of being staff with you, can't thank you enough for helping me out with learning how to do stuff after I came back last September, I'll be forever grateful. Thank you for everything Roke, youret going down in history as one of the greatest there was.

6. xxMineSheepxx

xxMineSheepxx baaaahh

Ratings:
    +571
    Very sad to see you go :frowning: you were hands down one of the most valuable staff members Brawl has ever had. Thanks so much for guiding me through my whole staff journey, it really all started from the very first time you called me to ask if I was interested in managing staff, and I remember feeling so scared that I was saying all sorts of weird things haha. Little did I know that behind that stoic exterior really is a chill, down to earth guy. Will really miss you around here :frowning: Wish you the best irl!

7. Atum

Atum Ex-WarZ and Projects Admin
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +80
    I remember back in the day when teamspeak was around seeing your name and thinking "...thats a cool name" live long and prosper.

8. randomcitizen1

randomcitizen1 The schizophrenic swagmoneymillionaire

Ratings:
    +2,543

It couldn't me more suitable that you would resign at the end of the old era. I'm sure that for many, you have been the face of Brawl. You certainly were a sort of Brawl-mascot in my eyes. :v

We've had some great times together. Will you be sticking around the forums? Think that you'll hop on the new gamemodes every now and again? Will you be more active on my post-wall? :L

9. Fourr_

Fourr_ ex Media Sub-Manager | ex Party Mod | Builder

Ratings:
    +52
    Discord:
    Fourbitten#8090
    This is sad. Didnt know you but I knew of you. Absolute legend. Big RIP:frowning:

10. Snail_5_

Snail_5_ Switched Accounts "Phobia"

Ratings:
    +694
    The old 2013 screenshots you shared with me yesterday brought back some crazy memories. Thanks for everything you've done for Brawl <3

11. rmure

rmure Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304
    i'll never forget the time you gave me a warning strike for writing "j" on my own profile

• Like Like x 1
  12. CoCaptainBlue

CoCaptainBlue Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87
    Very sad to see you go, You did so much to make brawl a better place. Thank you for helping out and good luck in the coming future!

13. MoistMayonnaise

MoistMayonnaise Highly Established Member

Ratings:
    +404
    Dang a big surprise to see you leave the server after all this time, I still remember when you and Eil gave me my first staff interview. I will admit I was a little nervous and hearing your voice did not help with that LOL but nonetheless you were a great Forums watchdog for years and a loss for brawl. I hope you have a great and brilliant future as I see you can and should.

14. SoCool21

SoCool21 Bans Reports & Appeals Admin | McPvPer for Life <3

Ratings:
    +2,517
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Lekosa1

Lekosa1 mineman

Ratings:
    +1,677
    Holy ****

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. wintergreen3

wintergreen3 Delta Force Leader | Staff Manager | CTF Admin

Ratings:
    +1,167
    You've been here for as long as I can remember, for sure. I always looked up to you when we were on the staff team together, and I really hope everything goes well for you IRL. Come back and visit from time to time, please. <3

17. Carsonn

Carsonn #1 WarZ Looter

Ratings:
    +523
    Discord:
    Carson#2211
    As someone who has been around for the same amount of time as you, it is a shame I never interacted more with you. I never lost respect for you as one of the most dedicated, intelligent, hard-working people in the community, and people often don't see that, which is an even bigger shame.

You led GSG on server 3 on Multiplayer Servers, you became staff very early on, we were both one of the first people to play SPvP (Brian_Coffey and I will never stop gloating about being the first team to kill the ender dragon, let's go team ECHO :grinning: ). You were also the one who interviewed me when I first got accepted to staff in 2017... the list of things you've been a part of is too long to list. And you never once lost your professional attitude on the staff team; that attitude was like the glue holding it all together. You're easily one of the most important people Brawl has had in its entire history. So thanks for everything man <3

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. meltingangel

meltingangel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +633
    Discord:
    Meltingangel#4647
    Never really thought I'd see the day you'd resign. We never really spoke with one another, but I always felt respect towards you for sticking at this for so long. Thanks for everything you've done for the server, and I'm never going to get use to seeing your username as green. GSG was EZ rock ;D

19. CalledRainer

CalledRainer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123
    @Ritzy why is there no Owner Honor rating on his post :frowning:

@Lord_Roke Schade. Du warst für mich immer der böse Lehrer der die Fußbälle, mit denen in Klassen in den Pausen gespielt wurde, einkassiert hat und den Spaß verderben musste :grinning:. Immer wenns so richtig salzig wurde war Verlass darauf, dass da plötzlich eine rote 1 bei den Unterhaltungen sein würde xD.

20. SkullcrusherLD

SkullcrusherLD Best-Known GSGer | Ex-War JMod

Ratings:
    +370
    Ich wünsche Dir alles Gute für Deine persönliche Zukunft, ich denke, dass es in vielen Aspekten hilft, bereits Führungs- und Organisationserfahrung von Brawl zu haben. Ich bin genauso mit Brawl aufgewachsen wie Du und gleichzeitig auch mit den Personen, die mich auf diesem Weg geprägt haben. Dazu gehörst auch Du, objektiv gesehen ein namensloser Spieler auf einem Online-Server, subjektiv für mich aber bestimmend für einige meiner Kinder- und Jugendjahre. Ist schon verrückt - wie du unabsichtlich bereits jetzt andere Leben mitbeeinflusst hast. Danke Dir, bleib gesund.

PS: I don't care it's written in German, I can express myself better in my mothertongue and for this post it was necessary to do so.

• Like Like x 1