1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Complete Blackout 2021

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by dady100, Dec 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. dady100

dady100 Member

Ratings:
    +12
    CTF Map Submission

Map Name: Blackout 2021
    Map ID: 461723
    Style: same as Blackout 2020
    Creator(s): dady100
    Time of Day: same as Blackout 2020
    Configured (yes/no): yes
    Number of Caps: 5 (20 minutes)
    Note: I noticed Blackout 2020 had very few stairs... So I decided to add a couple.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BrosBeforeHoes_

BrosBeforeHoes_ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230
    Add pictures please.

3. Forleb

Forleb Retired CTF Manager
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +89
    Discord:
    Forleb#0943
    no pictures and private?...

I saw it in a PPM the other day and it had some tradeoffs from normal Blackout. The edges of the map look brutal for non-mobility classes, and spawn holding spot is actually fortified to the point of making stalemates harder to end. I guess the improved routing at mid helps for pushing up a pyro, but other than that the carrier has nothing to worry about if their team has eyes. Stairs aren't used often in pvp game modes because experienced pvpers will just low ground goblin if you try to fight normally. Blackout is one of few maps that people don't complain about every time it's played other than the fact it's played so much (I wonder why that is), so I think reworking something else would be the right move here. I'll admit it makes the map look more interactive and dynamic, but functionally it didn't look too good as was confirmed in chat while I spectated.