1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

So the time has finally come...

Discussion in 'Capture the Flag' started by Shawn_, Sep 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Shawn_

Shawn_ Playing CTF and making maps since 2012

Ratings:
    +436
    Discord:
    Shawn the Sheep #0146
    As someone who spent 5-6 years solely playing MCCTF, it truly saddens me to finally see this server coming to an end. I'm not surprised in the slightest bit that the server is going to be shut down, but it made me look back on my time I spent here, the friends I made, and the memories I created.

Although I never really got into the competitive side of CTF, playing on the main servers was the most fun multiplayer experience I ever had at the time. Something about two big teams with various unique classes clashing against each other to capture a block of wool gave off such a chaotic atmosphere that I loved.

Because I loved CTF so much, I got into map making as a way to contribute to the server. Even though a lot of my maps never made it into the official rotation, I still enjoyed creating every single one of them. This love for making maps thus sparked my passion for game development which has landed me a job. For that, I have CTF to thank for.

In the end, I decided to quit playing CTF because the competitive scene eventually over the casual scene. Since the competitive scene was never my main interest and the playerbase in the casual servers was dwindling, I ended up switching to a different game.

I've made so many friends on here, and to anyone on this server I've talked to and made a connection with, thank you for the memories.

I've always seen on other players' goodbye posts that you can never truly quit playing CTF, but it seems like that statement will become false very soon.

Goodbye MCCTF. I'm going to miss you.

On another note, if anyone is interested in playing Overwatch together, hit me up on Discord.

• Like Like x 2
    • Admin Honor Admin Honor x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1