1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

Resignation Slungg into the stratosphere....

Discussion in 'Outros' started by Slingg, Apr 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. Slingg

Slingg OABFAABF

Ratings:
    +46
    Well crap, thought I wouldn't have to make one of these for a minute or two. Oh well, we all go through phases in life. With that being said, I truly did enjoy my time on Brawl's staff team. Being Moderator for brawl was one of my long time goals while I was still active here. Despite hearing from many former CTF staff members that being staff wasn't all that I thought it would be, I was still determined to accomplish this goal.

When I first joined the staff team, it was a honeymoon phase for me. I really did love being staff for Brawl, my longtime favorite server. I was active, kept up with chat reports (when FOURR wasn't stealing them all >:I), and utterly enjoyed being able to ban and mute rule breakers on the server, it was all a dopamine rush for me.

As time went on, I slowly started to see what all of the fuss about being staff on Brawl was about. Now, I could point out each issue I encountered while being staff. However, I think that it's pointless for me to do that. I think all of the issues I witnessed boil down to the fact that: Brawl is a small server with possibly too many big ambitions. It's like trying to fit a XXL T-Shirt properly when you normally wear a size small (if you can rock that fit good for you chief, I cant). Normally, having big ambitions is a good thing for your server, but I think that where we are at right now, our goals need to be small and attainable. Once we accomplish these small, attainable goals, we can start working our way up to the larger projects. When you have such a small staff team trying to work on 26 different project of various sizes, each needing a different amount of dev time than another, it leads to confusion among the staff members, and a lack of meticulousness among people working on the projects. And most of all, it leads to stress.

With all of this being said, most of the time I had a great time on the staff team. I met a lot of great new people that I really did enjoy spending time with.

Now time for my shout outs!!! (can I shout former staff out? eh its my resignation I do what I want)

@S_FOR_SIKEO - Bro you were one of the coolest people I think I've ever met on Brawl. You helped me out a lot when I was still JMOD, especially on raid. And you were also someone I knew was always there for me. I was sad to see you leave in February, but stuff happens.

@Forleb - FLEB!!! I love you so much fleb!! But nah, you probably have the biggest brain I think I've ever seen while on the staff team. You have extremely progressive ideas for the server (which I think is what we need right now), and you are also just a chill, down to earth dude. I'm gonna miss working with you man.

@Charlie_0014 - Probably the funniest dude I encountered on the staff team. You put in work man, probably a little too much work for your own good if I'm being honest >_>. I had a lot of good times with you, but none of those lived up to the time when we used to play those 12AM mini ppm's all the time. It was fun seeing a bare bones new player adapt to playing comp CTF for the first time. Gonna miss you bro.

@SoCool21 - I'll be honest, I thought that your past interactions with me would've made it impossible for me to become staff, thankfully I was wrong. You, Tom, are a dude that gets a lot of hate for simply doing his job for the greater benefit of Brawl. You put in great work man. You also helped me with a few things that you really honestly didn't need to! That I thank you for.

@TomD53 - Other Tom. I don't know how you juggle going to Uni and being a developer at the same time. Like other people on the list, you probably put in a little too much work for your own good. I wish you luck man.

@Fireshadow007 - You are probably one of the main people who planted that seed in my head to apply for staff. You overall made me feel very welcome when I first joined and that really eased my social anxiety a bit haha.

@Gyseline - Yamiiiii! You are a great staff member, and an even greater person. You, like others, helped me feel very welcome when I first joined the team. I really do appreciate that.

Theres many more people to thank I'm sure, but this resignation is long enough as it is. Anyways, I'll see you guys in a few months when I get the urge to CTF again.

mrslingshot10 out <3

• Friendly x 5
    • ELITE Honor x 2
    • Mod Honor x 2
    • JMod Honor x 1
    • SMod Honor x 1
  2. Forleb

Forleb Retired CTF Manager
    Retired Staff

Ratings:
    +89
    Discord:
    Forleb#0943
    This is a dark day man... The Sling Ring duo will live on forever in our hearts. You were with me from day 1 of modleb part 2 and I have to give you credit for having the conversations I needed to stay in the game up to here. You're super smart & I know you'll put that to good use wherever you're headed. We'll meet again old friend :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Fourr_

Fourr_ ex Media Sub-Manager | ex Party Mod | Builder

Ratings:
    +52
    Discord:
    Fourbitten#8090
    Bro in like January I had almost 100 reports resolved.. Just get good and try harder next time nub lol :grin:. If you got muted or banned around that time it was probably me :smirk:
    Jk but I had the exact same thoughts with you stealing them from me aswell lmao.
    Anyways it was nice knowing you back when I was still around. We had a couple good interactions and from what I could tell, you were a valuable member of the ctf staff team. Hope to see you around one of these days when I'm on but if not, I hope everything goes well for you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    #3 Fourr_, Apr 15, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2022
  4. Slingg

Slingg OABFAABF

Ratings:
    +46
    I am sooo SORRY I forgot you :frowning: I literally meant to shout you out but got distracted after I ate lunch haha. I appreciate the love though man, hope all goes well for you too.

• ELITE Honor ELITE Honor x 1
  5. Charlie_0014

Charlie_0014 Build & BT Overlord, Party Sub-Overlord

Ratings:
    +310
    Omg u shouted me out, tysm!!!
    Was fun playing the ppms with you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Fourr_

Fourr_ ex Media Sub-Manager | ex Party Mod | Builder

Ratings:
    +52
    Discord:
    Fourbitten#8090
    Blocked.

it's all good though. I take the report thing as enough

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Coraze

Coraze Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Was great with you on. Always shaking ctf up one way or another. I'm afraid this really is the decline.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. S_FOR_SIKEO

S_FOR_SIKEO Former Party&Skyblock Mgr. & Raid&Events Sub-Mgr.

Ratings:
    +1
    Dang, another sad loss.

Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...