1. Welcome to the Brawl website! Feel free to look around our forums. Join our growing community by typing /register in-game!

The Assassination Proclamation

Discussion in 'Guides' started by sp00ky101, Feb 17, 2016.

?

Did I do good?

Poll closed Mar 2, 2016.
  1. YES. ASSASSIN BEST CLASS

33.3%
  2. I see Assassin in a different light.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Why even bother with this terrible OP crap noob class

66.7%
Thread Status:
Please be aware that this thread is more than 30 days old. Do not post unless the topic can still be discussed. Read more...
  1. sp00ky101

sp00ky101 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55
    Like my rhyme? No? Well you didn't have to.
    Also, @Admiral_Trump since he's the best at long forum posts. I don't expect you to play assassin, I just want your opinion on how I did :stuck_out_tongue:

TL;DR
    Assassin is a support class, and should be played as such. An Assassin who plays for themselves is not helping the team. But I guess CTF pubs aren't about team play anymore, as if they ever were.

This is the assassin guide. I know quite a lot of the community thinks Assassin is just "right click left click" but I'm here to add depth to it.

Let's talk about PVP. If you're good at PVP, you don't technically need your insta kill to get you kills. You can take down Ninjas, Mages, Elves, Assassins, Archers (The ones that don't use they're sword. I feel bad for them.), sometimes Pyros, and depending on the situation, Chemists. Just run around them. Assassin is technically the fastest class in running speed, so if you can get in their blind spot, they can't hit you. Chemists are a bit more tricky with pots but if you stay real close (this goes for mage too) you can get healed when they throw down the health pots.

Now for a different type of PVP, that I'll invent a new name for: Block PVP.
    Not block as in right click, block as in "You're not leaving". Most of the time you will end up dead, and this type of PVP can be done and is done frequently with other classes, specifically Ninja after the flag carriers ran away. Since you're the fastest running class, you can catch up to the flag carrier quickly, and this will give you something to do rather than saying "My redstone isn't back, I can't do anything". If you're able to stop the flag carrier for even a couple seconds it will help the team (Can you see where I'm going with this take on Assassin?) immensely. Also, blocking medics and other support classes can reduce the chance of the flag carrier getting helped and increase the chances of your teams recovery.

Next up, brain power!
    I don't know how other assassin mains play, but I play based on strategy rather than strength. Going around a corner, using redstone and doubling back in a split second can cause the enemy to become confused and get you a kill (A lot of assassin mains already do this). A big part for Assassin is how s/he can watch and predict how both his/her team and the enemies team will move. You're near the blue flag, running around, doin your thing, and see a red name pop in the distance. What do you do? Do you think "That guy's gonna try to cap. Good luck."? No! You think "If I time it right, I can either take out a few defenders (Aim for the Pyros, ninjas and dwarves. Always the dwarves) or distract them long enough for that guy to get the flag and get out.". This, too, is most likely a death sentence, but you're an Assassin. It's not your job to live long and go on 30 killstreaks. Obviously, some cappers are better than others, so it helps if you are able to recognize who it is and play according to how they play. (Hopefully you're getting the picture now).

And now, for my personal favorite! Being an annoying little pest.
    A defense can't defend properly if an assassin keeps the pressure on them, and offense can't go on the offensive if an assassin slows them down. One of your best weapons is the fear that other players have of you. It's almost an instinct to most of them. Sees an assassin *blocks*. By using this to your advantage, you can get a lot of free hits in on cappers before they realize "This guy doesn't have redstone". Also, some of the weak armored classes don't have swords so they will either be much more cautious or much more aggressive, keep that in mind.

Map knowledge and observation is key.
    If you know the map, you control your pursuers. You could say this for every class, but I find myself being chased a lot more as assassin then say, archer. Also, if you know the common routes for cappers, it's quite easy to anticipate where they will go based just on the first few seconds after they leave the flag room. A lot of the cappers (specifically @Ducksfan101 and @junebugulas) have this odd way of knowing whenever an assassin is going to come at them, so that's why you kill them while they're running back. You need to get in position with enough distance between you two so that they didn't see you get there. Also, watch their heads. Stay just to the side of them. Out of their FOV in F5 but also in first person. They can't stop you if they can't see you. It's like invisibility, but not, and it's much more difficult then pressing 4 when you're ninja.

Hopefully this makes you better, although a lot of regulars could probably be decent at Assassin just based on their other skills. Contrary to belief, Assassin (the way I play, at least) is more about thinking than acting.

• Like Like x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • ELITE Honor ELITE Honor x 1
  2. Sir_Inge

Sir_Inge Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +527
    Kill mages easily?
    Hahahahaharoflmao good luck.

3. sp00ky101

Ratings:
    +55
    @Sir_Inge But of course I surely wasn't talking about you heh...

• Like Like x 1
  4. DeadRhos

DeadRhos Minimum Brain Size

Ratings:
    +621
    Yes! There's so much more to assassin than left click right click... mind games, mlg assassinations from jumping off tall buildings, last minute recoveries, kamikaze flagroom clearance, general flagroom pressure, the possibility of dying at any second... assassin is such a varied class, I'm amazed more people don't play it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. sp00ky101

Ratings:
    +55
    @Rhos_ I think it's because of the negativity that comes with it. If you main assassin, you're gonna be "bullied", if you can even call it that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. FreshMelonBalls

Ratings:
    +0
    Its like spy from TF2, with alot more than just backstabbing, mind games makes this a favorite for me. Although its been one year since I quit Brawl.

7. Plautius

Plautius Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +179
    ngl, assassin mains should at least have branched out before or still have some alternatives so they know how annoying they exactly are :b

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. asagod

asagod Youtuber

Ratings:
    +59
    This was really helpful and I've been usin assassin more lately. 10/10 also come back I miss u

9. super_mii2

super_mii2 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I love how assassin becomes a class that requires a lot of mindgames and strategy when you are fighting someone. e.g. sometimes I hold assassinate out just to psych enemies out before fleeing/taking the flag. The fear they have on you is something you can prey on and punish accordingly, and you can use things like fake-outs to aid and the fact assassinate last for a long time while giving you feather falling infinity to break defenses.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Avivox

Avivox Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +230
    A lot of the cappers (specifically @Ducksfan101 and @junebugulas) have this odd way of knowing whenever an assassin is going to

its called f5

11. sp00ky101

Ratings:
    +55
    Well if you play for as long as I did you'd know that you can't just sneak up on people like that xD Normally I would have to wait for 2, 3 sometimes 5 minutes to get an oppurtunity.

12. kriztmas

kriztmas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +196
    hi spooky :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Excervator

Excervator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi sp00ky. I'm not sure if anybody remembers me on this server anymore, but I used to play assassin main. Still do now, but I've lost all my skills. Having said that though I agree, Just to add though, an important part of assassin is also having an intuition of when to use redstone since many people block now, but that was also the case before I left, Many people block as soon as they see you, or in the case of chemists, usually throw a pot at you which you tend not to be able to avoid given the splash radius, you can however usually wait for the pot, then keep in mind when you can use redstone. In effect this looks like cheating for the other player, but if you play often enough you can easily build an idea of when to use redstone before the opportunity actually presents itself. They block, but when the time is right, use redstone. I tended to hold it and hit the other player with it once and then use it immidiately after. Just be careful not to just stand there though because that hit sends them out of range for the redstone, and always ends up with your demise, and gives them time to block, so keep running forward.

I also used to cap a lot with assassin, back when I could pvp a ninja with just the sword, and leaving every other class behind with speed. One point I recovered from the enemy's flagroom while carrying the flag, and then capped. Highlight of my life haha. The trick there was to either rush in and run round the flag if there were a lot of people, or shift above the flag room and jump down using redstone to avoid fall dmg and then kill people in the flag room, then make out like hell and leave the rest to pvp. Often did end up in dying, but again if you play enough you know how exactly to run round to avoid being hit. Very rarely you could shift and people completely forget to check you are on their team until you grab their flag lol.

I also assigned my (I think) x key to the part of my hotbar that had redstone so i didnt get confused in battles using the scrollbar on the mouse, which led to a few deaths in my time.

14. Mnkynoodles

Mnkynoodles ur mother

Ratings:
    +38
    Please don't reply to dead threads that are 3 years old